8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It adds the miles to quick I think. I went to my friends house and back and it added 4 miles and he lives not even 1 mile away. Anyone have a similar problem?

·
Registered
786 Posts
..or, you could've started at x.9 + 1.x one way and in the end you're just wrong about how close your friend's house is..

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Okay, ignoring the thread-jacking that occured, to the Original Poster:

Honda is currently in a class-action lawsuit over this odometer issue. You are right: the odometer does add miles too quickly.

2002-2006 (and some 2007) I believe added miles a little faster than they really were (even though they were allegedly still within industry standards), and as a result, Honda, if they lose or settle, is willing to offer a 5% increase on warranties to the afflicted model years of cars.

There are many many links to threads on this on this site. Do a search.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh man this sucks that means i thought i broke it in when i didn't! ok im going to honda and gonna tell them about this. Maby a reflash would fix it

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Your not alone, this summer my family and i went to the beach and me and my father set our trip meter to 0 when we left the house. When we got to the beach his trip meter was at 255 miles. Mine in my Si was reading 275 miles and we followed each other the whole way.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
If your car is affected by the odometer deal Special Ringpop mentioned you should have received a letter from Honda a long time ago.

From what I remember from my letter you get an additional 5k or 6k mileas added to the warranty.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yah it's really not even THAT much though...nothing we should seriously notice on a daily basis. It was like accurate to 3.75% on the high side and 1%on the low side which is practically nothing..and still within the 4% standard. Starting with 07' models they focused on the accuracy aiming for 0%.

Oh and PS..it only extended the warranty by 1,800 miles...5% of the original 36,000 warranty.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats stupid if they only give you more miles that screws alot of things like if you are selling and it has more miles and i was using that odometer for break in ...honda is so lame now they have so many issues. I am a honda fan but hondas are suppose to be reliable and problem free. What up with this

·
Banned
380 Posts
I swear the odometer on mine is just crazy-fast. I've never put more than 12K on a car per year in my life. I'm already at 14K and I've only had the car since March. I need to do some investigating.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I did a test on a 1.4 miles stretch with my 06 ex coupe and a 98 Lexus and an 02 Acura RL. They all showed exactly 1.4 miles on that stretch. May be 1.4 miles is not enough distance for an accurate test but all three cars hit 1.4 at the same exact mark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts