8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
So, I'm thinking of trading my 06' SI in for a Mugen SI....I got them down to a $3000 down payment and $420 a month....Does this sound descent?? I mean, I am paying $415 now as it is.....

Need some answers cuz they aren't gunna have it for long

how many months?

have you looked into other cars? alot of other stuff out there for around the same MSRP of the mugen.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
If you want my honest opinion, don't do it. The car is nothing more than an Si with [ugly] Mugen parts slapped on it, and it certianly is not worth near the price they charge for it, as far as I'm concerned.

That seems like a big down payment, and a larger monthly bill.

What are you paying for you 2006 Si right now? I pay 230 something monthly.

Maybe it's just me, but there's no way I'd even pay invoice on a Mugen Si. It's just not worth it to me.

And as far as them not having it for long...the dealerships around me can't seem to move the cars.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
the monthly payment doesnt matter. how much for the car.? they give you 420 monthly payments but who knows how much they will charge you for it. the monthly payment is a trick they use .

·
Registered
585 Posts
No stick with what you have. I bet the Mugen si wont even worth that much over the stock SI in a few years. Look at all the kits that are starting to be sold online, people wont even know a real to a fake and people do not care. You need to remember that it is still a CIVIC.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
No stick with what you have. I bet the Mugen si wont even worth that much over the stock SI in a few years. Look at all the kits that are starting to be sold online, people wont even know a real to a fake and people do not care. You need to remember that it is still a CIVIC.
:yeahthat:..............:thumb:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
if it was faster get it but is the same engine i wouldn't it and like other people say there are way better cars out there for 30k and it wouldnt just be 30k flat interest will bring it up plus what u owe on the 06 si

·
Banned
531 Posts
If you get the Mugen...just make sure you have a garage and the best alarm system/pager money can buy, along with fast access to a pistol or shotgun.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Insurance I bet will be more might want to check on it. I see them at the dealer and I thought about it but for $30,000+ no way! I got a T-White 2008 Accord Coup with 3.5 V6 and 6 speed MT for $28,894. The sedans are even less. The coup with MT is just sort of hard to find.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't let a dealer bs you on monthly bullshit bottom line is how much you paying for the car and how many months and what is the interest rate who cares if your payment is 200 a month if it is for 20 years and you end up paying 40g's for a car worth 28k

1 - 20 of 24 Posts