8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, I've come down to the point where I must have to say something. I love my car, I love you people, I love this website but I think I have to soon say good bye.

Deep down inside, it is eating me up: I've always wanted a 350z, RWD, 300hp+. I have a chance to get one and save $100 per month on payments. It's a 2005 but it has 8000 miles on it. It's mint, it's Red, 6spd, Enthusiast edition (xenon HID, HomeLink, Traction Control System, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential, aluminum pedals, auto dimming rear view)

I LOVE the sound of the Z's and G coupes sooo much, it might be one main reason to switch.

I love my Civic, my Princess Taffy. (I actually almost started to cry here...) I've spent a LOT of money on her, but the little annoyances are adding up. You know what they are, no point explaining it.

I feel like I'm betraying everyone. I don't know why. My 2007 Si Coupe I love. Am I making a mistake?

I've done numerous reviews, countless hours investigating, and there seems to be nothing wrong with the Z. Its raw, fast, RWD, and truely, deep down inside - that is what I want.

I was born and raised on RWD. I miss RWD. I would make love to RWD if I had the chance. (that sounds sick - make love to rear....wheel... drive...):hitit:

I don't want to say goodbye.

If I do, it won't be for a while, although this Z is aggressively priced to get off the lot (truck town - snow is coming .... no need for RWD cars on lot etc)
I think I will be selling a lot of what I have on my car as if I do a trade, dealership doesn't give squat.

DCRH
Magnaflow catback
HID headlamps
Skunk2 Racing springs
P2R TB spacer + gaskets
TWM Shifter
Weathertech Heavy Duty molded floor mats
Fujita F5 Short Ram intake (black powdercoat)
Powerslot slotted drilled discs F&R (maybe not)
Tenzo DC6 bronze 17lb 17" (maybe not - I don't have stockers)

Please give me some insight!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Go with your heart and gut instinct on this one. I say do it. as long as the Z is a hardtop, those are sick. not a fan of the soft top convertibles.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
I understand where you're coming from.. they are quite different cars. If your civic was your beater, then no, keep it.. if it's your fun car, then go with what you really want. My civic is going to be my beater for quite some time to come :thumb:

Dibs on your rotors, by the way.. heh

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand the mods will be expensive for the VQ35DE, but I know they respond well. Aftermarket support is sweet. This car also has perfect weight distribution (50/50 around corners).

I might hold out and see if I can find a nice Track edition with Brembos.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I know the draw of getting a different car. Think about it and be sure it is what you want. But if you really want a 350 go for it.

However, getting rid of the Si shouldn't mean goodby, it should mean "My new 350z, W/Pics.":thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd say go for it. Lol here's why. I've known 3 ppl who have Z's. My friend actually taught me how to drive a stick on his 350z a few years ago and I drive them almost everyday...I love 'em. A guy I work with now beats on his at the track so much and it's still solid as a rock. He's been at or above 6000rpm during a drift competition for about 2 minutes straight and it still purrs. Those 350's are solid and sound great. I'd for sure get one if I could because I work at a joint nissan/honda dealership. I can get an 05 350 Touring package with navigation, 6 speed, heated seats, etc for about 15ish. BUT I can't afford insurance on a car like that since I'm 21. The only thing I say is be careful with it. I've seen 2 ppl do REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid stuff in them and wreck them. One guy was doin about 125 over a hill and lost control and hit 2 trees and he got ejected and the other guy got hurt really bad. I saw the wreck right after it happened and it wasn't good. And another guy tried taking a turn at 60ish in the rain and hit a curb. His cars still sitting in the shop at work and both of his wheels are about 60 degree angles with broken rims and all kinds of broken suspension parts. So again I say...careful with it....BUT GET IT CUZ IT'S A BADA$$ car..people respect those things so much. k there's my 2 cents haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
All I can tell you is do it. I have had a 89 Mustand GT new a Eclipse GSX new and an M3 e36 new. The Civic Si is a blast and comuter car but I will be getting a fast two seater soon for my fun car. When I got married I figured I needed an SUV for the dogs and kids. Biggest automotive mistake I have made as I sold the M3. I love my new Civic but you only live once and if you have the means get something that will give you some memories as you may not have the chance again. Just dont go broke doing it.

Matt

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
At first I was gonna say get realistic.. it seems like everyday someone is saying how they need to get a RWD when in fact most people have no idea how to drive a RWD car and will wind up crashing it because of this. But if you grew up in them and miss them, go back! The Z is a kick-ass car.. I've been dragging my dad to dealerships lately having him test s200s and Z's (I haven't been on a test with a Z yet, dealer wouldn't let him go w/out him in it.. which only has room for two. My dad thinks the Z is a 10x better car for driving.

If you can handle having RWD in the winter and don't mind a 2 seater, it sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts