8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...And im trying to see how to negotiate this with the dealer.

invoice on what Im looking for is $21,112 (SI sedan w/nav.)

Since it's an 08 and they have 09's on the lot already (not to mention its the last day of the month so these guys might be looking to score some extra sales) would it be completely wrong of me to shoot for 2k below invoice OTD?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks guys.

-Alex :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think 20k is completely reasonable. IMO if you are looking at an 08 they are going to be trying to get it off the lot. Plus with the awful market right now it shouldn't be a problem getting it for that cheap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't know how low prices get over there in Miami. But 20k OTD sounds very reasonable due to the economy as stated above. I'd even give it a shot and get wheel locks and/or the all-weather floor mats thrown in. Worse they can do is say no.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I don't know how low prices get over there in Miami. But 20k OTD sounds very reasonable due to the economy as stated above. I'd even give it a shot and get wheel locks and/or the all-weather floor mats thrown in. Worse they can do is say no.
Ask for everything and they gotta throw ya a bone..the economy is in the crapper right now and dealerships are closing everyday.. make them kiss your ass now...walk out with the world and a smile...be persistant...

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's what I paid for mine - same exact vehicle, 08 RR Si w/ Navi

I was going to get the non-navi one (they had it on the lot) but they sold it right before I test drove it. I picked up the navi one for ~$21100

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lolfest

So, just got back from the stealership.

I sat down with the guy, he was pretty friendly and we started talking some numbers, and I eventually made my pitch for 20k otd.

salesperson comes back with his GM, and after talking he says the best he can get me is 22,600$ selling price.

They fail to really point out that this does NOT include:

Sales tax: 1400~
Battery / whatever fee: $8.50
Dealer fee: 600~
Tag xfer: ?~

either way, the price was ballooning back up to around what MSRP is, 25k or so OTD, for a 2008 SI thats probably been sitting on their lot for god knows how long.

These guys did just not want to budge. I told my salesperson to give me a call if they changed their mind. Am I expecting one? Not sure. What a crock.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
A ray of hope

Well, I just got off the phone with another dealership in the SoFLA area.. and they have just offered me 20997.90 + Sales and dealer fee.

This is Silver, nav, and tires. 2008. I'm almost ready to drive out again.

I just called the first dealership and tried to see if they could drop the price a to match or beat that last price.

:fingers crossed:

edit: 22997.85~ OTD is what Im looking at. Anyone got any opinions?

·
Banned
171 Posts
Start at the Cars icon at the top. Then just choose Honda and go to Civic. Then choose the model and it shows the price. Someone here said it works well. I've never tried it actually using it, just priced it out to that online. Seems similar to the Costco/ Sam's Club discount.

·
Registered
727 Posts
:laughing:

Maybe you should take my friend's dad with you to the stealership. When he was car shopping, the dealer tried to tell him $18,000 OTD for an '06 Altima. They talked it down to $8,000 OTD. How's THAT for negotiation?!

Surely you can find a cheaper Si...I bought an '07 RR Si coupe for $12,100. With nav, and one year newer, you could probably get one down to $16- or $18,000 OTD. Shop around, and try to get the best deal.

Here's a tip: Get the dealer interested in your sale, but then show him you're ready to walk away from any offer he throws you. Pitch a price slightly lower than what you plan to go OTD with, and see what he says. If he just goes a little bit below his last offer, get ready to walk away. They'll usually pull the "I'll talk to my GM" trick, where they try to butter you up with offers of financing plans. Don't go for it. Tell them straight out that you were hoping to do business with them, but you're very willing to go elsewhere.

Good luck! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts