8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Power shouldn't be used in the same sentence as civic period. Unless there is a TON of money dumped into the engine. The wing on the mugen makes it faster than an other SI

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
2009 is heavier?

Im not sure other than that.

Well it could be that the Mugen rims are lighter, that can help acceleration a little. Less rotating mass=better acceleration. Im not sure to what extent you feel his car is faster tho, cause I dont think the weight will make a huge differance

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we did not race but we both did quick pulls and our car are even but in vtec range only. At the time of the pull he had an intake and I was stock with removed exhaust resonator.

But his 3000-4500 rpm range does seem stronger then mine when I test drove his car.

You can really feel the difference on turns.

Maybe the Mugen exhaust is tuned for mid range power for handling and not top range power

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think my car felt stronger on mid range power because of the x-intake. With my car it felt like it had better throttle response on mid power with a deeper roar where for your car with both resonators removed had a much higher pitch/louder scream yet it felt like it had less response. We were both producing very very close outputs from the many runs we did. We were always head to head on all the rolls. I truly beleive it was mainly due to the intake. But of course there are tons of factors that come into play.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think my car felt stronger on mid range power because of the x-intake. With my car it felt like it had better throttle response on mid power with a deeper roar where for your car with both resonators removed had a much higher pitch/louder scream yet it felt like it had less response. We were both producing very very close outputs from the many runs we did. We were always head to head on all the rolls. I truly beleive it was mainly due to the intake. But of course there are tons of factors that come into play.
But your car still had more mid range power before the intake. I actually have not driven your after the intake without a bunch of people in the car.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
There's enough variation in production tolerances that the Mugen could be slightly more powerful than the 200hp it should have and it is also possible that the Si being used to compare is down a couple hp for the same reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.