8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good price to pay for a pack of microfiber towels? Is it a good idea to wash them in my washing machine and re-use them?

·
Registered
327 Posts
dunno bout good price but I got my 3 pack for bout 4 bucks at Wal-Mart and your supposed to be able to wash and reuse I think... I can with mines so thats what I think.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I think I bought 3 for $10 or $12 Canadian.

Ive washed them a few times without any problems. Just washed the microfibre towels with themselves. ;)

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
I picked up a pack of 20 towels at Costco for about $10 or $12. I normally use about two towels to dry my car. One to get the water off and to do the door jambs and then the last one to do a final wipe. They're pretty easy to wash. Even when the towel gets dirty from wiping down my door jambs, they look new after a rigorous wash. I usually hand wash my towels, since two towels don't warrant a cycle in the washing machine.

Last weekend I used a towel to apply Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax. I wasn't able to get that towel completely clean. However, I was able to clean the towels I had used to take off the wax relatively easily.

·
Registered
594 Posts
dude check out flee markets... i went to one and found them for 1 dollar for 2... one 1x1 foot one and one 2x2 foot one... i bought 5 packs =P

·
Registered
56 Posts
MF towels should be hand washed with a mild detergent. Plus, to prevent the towels from becoming brittle, just air dry them (not sun dried).

I've noticed that MF towels are also good for washing as well.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ultraman said:
MF towels should be hand washed with a mild detergent. Plus, to prevent the towels from becoming brittle, just air dry them (not sun dried).

I've noticed that MF towels are also good for washing as well.
air dry.... as in throw them into the dryer? I find it funny that you even mentioned sun drying lol

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
asndragonboii said:
air dry.... as in throw them into the dryer? I find it funny that you even mentioned sun drying lol
Air dry as in not in the dryer, but also not in the sun. If you have a place in the garage, kitchen or bathroom where you can hang dry your towel, do that.

You can throw 'em in the dryer, but only do so at the lowest dryer setting. Microfiber towels are made of polyester, which is susceptible to burning in high heat. If you do throw them in the dryer, don't use a dryer sheet as it will degrade the performance of your MF towel.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Shop around online and do some research. Make sure you get the kind with a border that won't scratch the finish. Watch out for towels that are really cheap! The process they use to split the fibers is expensive and a lot of your cheaper microfiber towls are basicaly just polyester fiber towles unsplit. check out a cross section of a split fiber once...it's pretty cool. Wash them seperatly and don't use fabric softenrs. hang dry them and they will last for a long time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Microfiber towels are available at various prices from 10$ to 90$ in HY Supplies Inc, depending upon the quality. Mostly we should get a good quality towel for longevity. Yes, you could wash them on machine and use them again But keep in mind that, do not add fabric softener with microfiber towels that will spoil the feeble fibers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts