8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So my transmission is starting to fail me. I've decided that while rebuilding my transmission I will just swap my final drive with the mfactory r18 final drive. I've searched and although I've heard about people talking about it. I haven't heard of anyone who's done this or seen any videos of the results. Has anyone put this in their car who's running a N/A, T/C, or S/C build? Also, right now my car is pretty much stock. Any idea of the gains I could expect from this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1 week later and still no response. I guess no one on here has legit done this on a R18 Civic? Either it be forced induction or on a naturally aspirated motor?

I will be the first to do this then. I will keep you all posted as, I've already ordered the part. Just waiting for it to come in the mail and book a time at the shop to get them to install this. I will take photo's as well as make a before and after video so you guys can see the results. The final drive that I purchased is 4.9 by the way. In the meantime if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got photo's of the final drive. Here are the photos.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts