8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was taking out my intake n put it back in now check engine wont go away. any know what could be wrong??

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You didn't hook something back up correctly. Did you think of maybe trying it again? :) Otherwise, drive slowly and carefully up to Autozone and let them read it with their ODBII scanner...

·
Banned
107 Posts
lol you disconnected your ''MAS'' - Mass Airflow Sensor.

drive 3 trips

1 trip = 1 mile drivien + car turned off and on.

itehr do that or go spend 15k to buy a solus to clear to code.. i would prefer dricing 3 trips :p

·
Banned
107 Posts
You didn't hook something back up correctly. Did you think of maybe trying it again? :) Otherwise, drive slowly and carefully up to Autozone and let them read it with their ODBII scanner...
and w/e u do dont listen to him, do not let autozone TOUCH your car..

unless you wanna be buying a new motor..

infact... nvm take it to autozone :popcorn::popcorn: i gatta see what happends :) :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
lol you disconnected your ''MAS'' - Mass Airflow Sensor.

drive 3 trips

1 trip = 1 mile drivien + car turned off and on.

itehr do that or go spend 15k to buy a solus to clear to code.. i would prefer dricing 3 trips :p
yeah, most likely the MAS sensor is not connected right or disconnected. Im not too sure why any one would spend 15k on a solus (1. b/c they only cost like 4k http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diagnostics/solus.asp?partno=EESC316F13IN&dir=catalog and 2. b/c you can buy an obd 2 scanner that reads and erases codes for like 70 bucks) either way, g/l and go back and make sure everything is connected right

·
Banned
3,352 Posts
and w/e u do dont listen to him, do not let autozone TOUCH your car..

unless you wanna be buying a new motor..

infact... nvm take it to autozone :popcorn::popcorn: i gatta see what happends :) :popcorn:
:popcorn::popcorn: lmao

Either drive on it or put an intake on it now that you've been tampering where your little hands are forbidden

·
Banned
107 Posts
dude. he has the mas connected..

IF you disconnect it it will still throw a ''service engine soon'' light or the actual check engine light..

u have it connected dude.. just drive 3 trips.. your cars fine..

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I unplugged the mas and forgot to put it on, so i stopped and put it on, but it was still happening so I disconnected the battery and pumped the brake a couple times(i read this drains all the extra power in your car doing like a reset???) then plugged the battery back up and was all good to go.but then you have to re-input your radio code which isnt a biggy

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I unplugged the mas and forgot to put it on, so i stopped and put it on, but it was still happening so I disconnected the battery and pumped the brake a couple times(i read this drains all the extra power in your car doing like a reset???) then plugged the battery back up and was all good to go.but then you have to re-input your radio code which isnt a biggy
:yeahthat:

try the battery thing and see what happens. Leave it unplugged for fifteen mins or so.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
b1695coupe yo u right man after a few trips it went away i started it up a few times after driving here n there n it stop coming on. u know your stuff these other guys are..... i dont know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.