8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday morning, i was sitting in my driveway letting the car warm up, it was raining, and i had the wipers on the first speed with the longest interval time...i noticed that everytime i tapped the brake pedal really quickly and took my foot off (as if i were hitting a base drum pedal), the wipers would do theyre thing!...however, it only does this while sitting at a standstill, and they function completely normal while driving at all speeds and time intervals....is this normal?

·
Registered
438 Posts
So you're saying when you took your foot of the brake pedal, your wipers would go on then off?

Never noticed this on my car.

I don't think wipers are linked to the brake pedal unless honda did something none of know about?

Maybe it was just coincidence?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh no, this is not just coincidence, i did it again today just to make sure i wasnt hallucinating..and im not

·
Registered
41 Posts
Normal!

The interval function has a "stoplight" mode where it interrupts the longer delay you set to wipe the windshield when you start up again. As I recall, the manual states this only applies to the longest delay.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
When the wipers are set to timer mode they automatically swipe when you are at a low speed everytime you let of the brake they wipe to give you a clear view when going.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I didn't see that in the manual, but, well, it rains here, kinda figured it out. :thumb: It's the little things about this car that make me love it even more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts