8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, i have a 1 Gig, Sony Memory Stick Pro, its says it will accept my card, i just want to know if the Navi will accept this adapter.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody knows huh

·
Registered
21 Posts
What I can tell you is that the memory card must fit flush inside the adapter, because otherwise the nav screen will not close. I use a compact flash card adapter (san disk) but it is not a 5 in 1. So if your card has the same measurements and the memory will fit flush it should work. Surely, someone on this site must have tried a 5 in 1?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The compusa branded compact flash reader works. I already had one of those for use with the camera and laptop. Pulled the CF card out of the camera, threw some mp3's on it, and stuck the adapter and it into the civic and it worked as advertised.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My sandisk multi-card reader didn't work in the navi. It seems from what has been posted on other forums that the multi format card readers are problematic with the navi.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont get it, whats the point of using the 5in1 thing?
it appears to be a PCMCIA card, which will not fit in an SD memory stick slot.
clue me in on what you're trying to do

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Card adapter is what goes into the actual nav system, holding the Memory Stick inside of it, The slot on my computer is the size of the memory stick, but the one on our Nav system is like as wide as a credit card...hints the adapter. Get it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
? its the size of a credit card? Really? well i could definitly say its not PCMCIA, but i mean at most its compact flash (like the ones you see in canon digi cams).

·
Registered
85 Posts
That slot is meant for music use, and pcmcia is more a method of hardware docking not file transfer. Am I helping you out here? or no?

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
illycut said:
That slot is meant for music use, and pcmcia is more a method of hardware docking not file transfer. Am I helping you out here? or no?
LOOK DUDE:
THIS:

GOES INTO THIS:

WHICH GOES INTO THIS:

Look Dude, do you see the Card Adapter here, The Memory Stick Pro i have goes into the Adapter, then that goes into the slot in the Navigation System.

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

·
Registered
85 Posts
lol, the one i saw doesnt look like that. Sorry. Thats kind of crazy. I wonder what the meaning of using pc card slot is. clearly nothing you plug in there is going to lay flush except for maybe the thing you posted from compusa. Good luck, why not just get it, if it doesnt work there is always a 15 day return policy.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
illycut said:
lol, the one i saw doesnt look like that. Sorry. Thats kind of crazy. I wonder what the meaning of using pc card slot is. clearly nothing you plug in there is going to lay flush except for maybe the thing you posted from compusa. Good luck, why not just get it, if it doesnt work there is always a 15 day return policy.
I got it already actually, and yes it works great, i have about 124 songs on there i think and more to come, i love it, i was just asking earlier, but i decided to just go to it.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up, but i too wonder about that PC Card thing, i kinda thought Honda might make or at least sell an adapter for it, but i guess not, Just iPod's i guess???

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont think the ipod can hook up that way, not sure exactly what the pcmcia card is all about, probably just an easy way for them to connect with nav system to perform updates and stuff, thats all i can think of

1 - 15 of 15 Posts