8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be stupid to buy both products, or should i just buy #40 for overall care?

i need something to clean the inside of the car (dash, door panel) and i also need something for the exterior trim (black).

i need something with UV protectant.

i was originally gonna buy QID and mother's back-to-black.

·
Registered
503 Posts
would it be stupid to buy both products, or should i just buy #40 for overall care?

i need something to clean the inside of the car (dash, door panel) and i also need something for the exterior trim (black).

i need something with UV protectant.

i was originally gonna buy QID and mother's back-to-black.
QID is possibly the best thing you can buy over the counter. I have #40 and while its ok, the sheen is a bit too high. QID is most likely cheaper, and leaves a nicer finish. Gives a NEW look, rather than a dressed one.

Heres are review Todd did: Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer (QID) Review – Detailed Image

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, so is there something i can use for the exterior black trim? you know, something for the cr-v's unpainted bumpers or something. i need a product that can keep that looking new!

i prefer something that i can just buy at a local store, not something like poor boys or chemical guys.

·
Registered
503 Posts
alright, so is there something i can use for the exterior black trim? you know, something for the cr-v's unpainted bumpers or something. i need a product that can keep that looking new!

i prefer something that i can just buy at a local store, not something like poor boys or chemical guys.
Yea, I know what you mean! My CRV has some fading etc. And I know your in Markham, I'm in Brampton myself. But the Meguiars Ultimate Protectant was supposed to be here 6 months ago... To be honest, at the moment there isn't really anything good for use on plastics. 303 is no longer at Canadian Tire, Meguiars is lazy in Canada, and other products not over the counter are expensive! If you can find Meguiars Trim Detailer, and if not something like Meguiars Endurance or the Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Gel, can be used on plastics, and after applying buff them down not to have a greasy look.

Mothers Back to Black streaks a lot in the rain, and doesnt last at all (at least where we live) people in non rainy climates tend to like it a lot.

·
Registered
503 Posts
He also said to try Linseed Oil. He's never actually tried it, but he said that people were using it.
Never heard about that :S As for Black Wow for $30, thats a lot of money to spend on something thats 4oz and works good. To be honest its good, but not the greatest. You should try PB Trim Restore, (sorry I know you said not to) but even with shipping it comes cheaper. It would be $27, and thats for something that works just as well, if not better IMHO and contains 4x the amount.

Edit: Boiled Linseed Oil works, just its dangerous as while boiling it can catch on fire (sorry, not going to recommend it...)

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I use 303 on the interior plastics. Works GREAT. Just started using it on tires. Don't see why it wouldn't work on plastics (exterior) since it's water based and UV protectant.

303, your one-bottle solution!

:cheerleader:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.