8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I thought that the megan test pipe/header had fitment issues that they found out after they had released their product. then a lot of ebay copy-cats copied the megan products. I'm not too sure if they have resolved their fitment issues or not tho.

please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I just installed one today actually. The flange to the header is super duper thick. I tried to get both bolts on without cutting the springs but I ended up cutting a coil on one spring. Not saying you have to I think I was just too puny to compress the spring. Although, the donut was pretty retarded and ugly from previous removals and installations so that may have had something to do with it. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on it just in case you hit the same problem I do.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
gutting a cat is actually not the same. The flow from all that open space and leftover junk inside the gutted cat would make more turbulence with the flow of the exhaust. With the test pipe the flow is smooth and direct.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
gutting a cat is actually not the same. The flow from all that open space and leftover junk inside the gutted cat would make more turbulence with the flow of the exhaust. With the test pipe the flow is smooth and direct.
:yeahthat:

Along with some people not wanting to plainly tear out the insides of their stock cat just in case they have to put it back on for any reason. I myself wouldn't do it but I have before on other cars. To each his own.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.