1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,559 Posts
yes the megan header can be bolted to the stock cat

·
Registered
167 Posts
A lot of us have asked this question before too. Pretty much the best advice I received was HFC and Shorty Header, which can still keep you legal. HOWEVER it's almost the same price in the long run as a long header with HFC. Just make sure you have an exhaust that can handle the gases leaving otherwise you'll burn out your stock exhaust and it'll sound like a tin can. I think I even had a thread on this question too.

And everyone's a noob at some point or another. I still think I'm in my noobie stages. No worries, bro. Ask your questions and the answers usually come flying in.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
A lot of us have asked this question before too. Pretty much the best advice I received was HFC and Shorty Header, which can still keep you legal. HOWEVER it's almost the same price in the long run as a long header with HFC. Just make sure you have an exhaust that can handle the gases leaving otherwise you'll burn out your stock exhaust and it'll sound like a tin can. I think I even had a thread on this question too.

And everyone's a noob at some point or another. I still think I'm in my noobie stages. No worries, bro. Ask your questions and the answers usually come flying in.
That depends on the state you live.
HFC in Cali is a nono. Stock cat can not be modified or touched. I don't know if megan racing will pass inspection as well...not many people have megan stuff cause its....um...well...you know....crap. :hiding:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ima newb too so a shorty header would not really help on the power end correct?
^-A shorty header will free up some power. It will NOT free up as much as the race header, which replaces the stock cat with either a flex pipe or some straight through pipe design.
A shorty header WILL keep you emissions legal however - the straight through pipe or flex pipe will FAIL.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
That depends on the state you live.
HFC in Cali is a nono. Stock cat can not be modified or touched. I don't know if megan racing will pass inspection as well...not many people have megan stuff cause its....um...well...you know....crap. :hiding:
Megan stuff isn't crap. Almost if not all of their products perform well for their price.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Id go with the megan header and a test pipe. The header will pass inspection, they cant even see the header on our car, and even if they could its not like the megen one looks modified. As for the test pipe or HFC unless you are really concerned about the enviorment id go with a test pipe. Just make sure the test pipe appears to be a cat. If it looks like you have a cat, the worst they are going to do is send you to the ref(cali only, not sure where you live. but cali is the worst so you know) , and you can just swap your stock cat back in. It is an easy swap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.