8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is theres any thread Diy for installing the header??????
need help please kinda broke at the moment , cant bring it to shop they charge 100$ for installation.. thank you :dance:

·
Registered
261 Posts
follow the dcrh installation in the diy section. This will get you to the point where you have removed the old header and then all that is left is putting the new header in, and bolting the stock downpipe back up to the new header.

The installation *should* be really similar, but don't take my word for it 100%, as I have not actually installed a shorty header. Theoretically though, this should work.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wew that helps.. thanks a lot bro.. ill try install it on friday if its not raining..

·
Registered
261 Posts
By the way, if you are by yourself, it will take longer than the 2 hours people say it will. Or maybe I am just weak lol. But it took me about 2 hours just trying to break all of the bolts on the stock header and behind the cat. Once you get those bolts off, and the stock header is ready to come out, it's super easy.

$100 does not sound too bad though for the amount of work, as long as the shop is reputable and knows what they are doing. It's definitely doable on your own though. Just expect it taking a full day to be on the cautious side.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iam at Claremont.. my frend might do it for 50$ but hes not sure when he got time.. i might just give it a try.. need to learn to take it off to..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts