8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is 1 of my suspension mods i have sitting around that i was able to get on recently. It utilizes 4 mounting points underneath the car and stiffens up this section. After driving for a few minutes i felt the difference right away i live in NY so there are pot holes every where. I found myself dodging a few and the steering was tighter and more direct. I proceeded to hammer a few nice turns i would normally take and the initial turn in is sharper and more confident inspiring. I know i wont see the full benefits of this mod unless i track the car but i do alot of driving and i want my suspension ready for anything i def feel it was worth the $75. I can tell you 1st hand this wasn't a mental feeling i actually felt a difference trust me i know my car.

my current suspension mods are Eibach sportlines,Nitto neo gen 215/45/17,Progress rear sway bar,megan racing h brace.

i have Skunk2 pro c's and the skunk2 rear lower tie bar waiting to go on i wanted to get the feel of the car with all the braces on before the coilover install so i will keep every 1 updated. If any 1 dosent have any of these braces i suggest you pick them up right away they will compliment your suspension very well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I commend you on posting this as there are people out there that don't believe we can feel the difference. I have been driving professionally for some time now and know exactly what you mean. I installed the front, rear, and h-brace on mine and felt a difference immediately and some argued that I was merely more mentally aware, thus pushing my car to further limits than I was previously comfortable with. What they didn't realize was that as soon as I get into a new vehicle, I learn it's failure points and in what conditions those happen. I am impressed, nonetheless.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
779 Posts
i have the same exact brace it works great.. buttoms out on everything though!

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How low does it sit from the body?
i didn't measure it but i would be extra careful around speed bumps and stuff if your lowered i haven't scraped anything yet but i know overall its inevitable i will.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hmm..pretty interesting. I have Innovative engine mount kit. Wonder if this H brace will be a watse of money. Buy $75 for this, I might give it a shot. I love stiffness.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I just installed the H brace on my car today. At first i really thought that the only thing i would notice would be an improvement in turning although to my surprise the car honestly feels a lot smoother on the road. I also have the corsports front upper strut bar and i am pretty impressed with both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what size bolts do you need to install the megan racing h-brace? i bought one and the damn thing didnt come with them.. i dont wanna call them n ask them to send me the bolts if i can find them locally.. can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
what size bolts do you need to install the megan racing h-brace? i bought one and the damn thing didnt come with them.. i dont wanna call them n ask them to send me the bolts if i can find them locally.. can anyone help?
It bolts directly to the car using the existing bolts attached to the frame. Don't be scared about taking the bolts out, your car will not split in half.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Im glad this reveiw popped up.. I been meaning to do this, I have the neuspeed x brace sitting in my room i got to put it on. I heard good stuff about both. Everyone claims its so stiff of a chassis already, but it really isnt. Not that its sloppy in anyway, but i have a magazine from way back when our 8th gen came out. Neuspeed did up a civic si and fixed its weak points. They said they were amazed when they put the si on a lift how unstiff it was. I always said the car could use bracing underneath. I have driven the si with bracing and without and there is a noticiable difference. The car tracks alot better, steering is much more direct and natural. I will post my reveiw once i get my xbrace installed. Other than that i have carbing strut tower bar,beaks lower tie bar,progress rear sway bar and koni yellows with prokit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts