8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed these on my EX. With the back springs set all the way down and the back struts set all the way down there is a 2 finger gap in the back, yet i can drop the front to the ground.. Anyone experience the same problem with these coilovers?

·
Registered
33 Posts
uh oh, i just ordered the megans for my 08 si, i hope i don't have this issue do you know the drop rate for the megans?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8kg/mm front and 10kg/mm rear

i have a friend with a subaru riding the same coils and he has the ability to dump it if needed, i'm not sure if they are all like this but i cannot seem to figure out why..

·
Registered
33 Posts
no no, i meant how low can you drop the megans like 3" for front and back? maybe you did something wrong on the install?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, everything is right on the install.. i've read it's a 3in drop, which it will do in the front but only about an inch in the back

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
there's a couple people on here with those, all able to tuck tire. i would triple check the install...post some pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1" in the back? thats it, i dont believe that lol pretty stupid if you ask me. you must have the wrong info on the drop rate lol. If your buddy in the subaru can slam it, i don't believe there is only 1" drop in the back
THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS ON MEGANRACING.com

"You can raise your car up to factory height for OEM appearance with performance handling or you can drop your car all the way down for an aggressive stance lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your car’s handling capabilities."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well they must have sold me a faulty setup because with mine set as low as possible i can still fit 2 fingers in the back.. look at the pic, can't go any lower

·
Registered
86 Posts
How long have you ride the car with the coil overs, becuase they need to compesate lol dont know how to explain it; just drive a couple of days and see if it lowers some more. Ohh and yes the lower the car the worts the ride, u are going to feel every bump out there

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok i got 20's on my civic, im getting them next saturday, was gonna install them myself but i talked to a guy at a shop, he;s worked on a bunch of 06+ civics and has installed megans on alot of them and says people dont have any problems with them and i told him i wanna drop it to my rim and he said yah no problem at all. But if i were you id call meganracing and ask them what the drop rate on them is

WHAT YEAR IS YOUR EX?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know the install is done correctly i'm calling megan racing in the morning and seeing wtf is wrong with them

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
after being on the phone with megan for a half hour, emailing them pics, once again reinstalling the struts there still seems to be no way to lower these rear coilovers, i am very unhappy with the the ride height and stiffness.. i will definatly be ordering skunk2's in the next week.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts