8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant decide between the two. also cant find anywhere to buy the hfp, anybody know where? the megan racing is 199 new at corsportusa, i just cant reference the price to the hfp. im not going for performance, just sound. does anyone know which is louder of the two, or better sounding? by better sounding, im looking for a lower end sound, not loud and annoying for neighbors.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i just installed megan racing oe-rs catback on my EX sedan..

and i really like the sound it makes.. not too loud and not too quite..

i was also considering to buy just megan axle back..but just bought catback.

its pretty cheaper than other catbacks but i love it..

·
Registered
410 Posts
it was $342 in autocityimports.com its a catback not a axleback..

but i think its still good deal for catback.

and its for NON SI civic.. you can find some sound clip on youtube..there isn many clips but there are..

·
Registered
884 Posts
Old thread revival. I had the Megan Axle-Back on my 2008 Si and it sounded really good. Noticed it made the VTEC hit and pull harder too. It is only slightly louder than stock with just a bit lower pitched tone. It's a straight-thru muffler but given it's full size muffler, it's very quiet. Best of both worlds for those wanting performance and stealth. Well, you're not going to fool anyone with the polished stainless steel muffler I guess, but it looks really good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have a megan axleback, upgraded from a stock si axleback on my r18. I noticed the sound difference immediately but it wasn't much louder than the si axleback. It worked out for me perfectly because i was looking for something that wasn't too loud.
Can't say much about the hfp since i've never owned one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just installed the Megan axle-back yesterday. It has a nice deep tone, quite through 2k rpm and nice for highway travel. It opens up after 2k, but doesn't sound like a pissed off bee. If you have the radio on you won't hear much unless your punching it.

I only drove around for about 30 min....just my first impression.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have an HFP and love it, increased sound very very little but looks great.....which is what I wanted, wasnt interested in a loud exhaust, no drone, and wasnt concerned with a power increase (would have been nice but not a requirement) so the HFP fit the bill for me. paid $320 shipped brand new on Ebay

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have an HFP and love it, increased sound very very little but looks great.....which is what I wanted, wasnt interested in a loud exhaust, no drone, and wasnt concerned with a power increase (would have been nice but not a requirement) so the HFP fit the bill for me. paid $320 shipped brand new on Ebay
Sounds like you got a good deal!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts