8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum!

I just bought my '07 Fiji Blue Pearl Si last Tuesday, and after having a week to dote and obsess and fall (even more) in love with it, I thought I'd join your lovely forums and give a big hello to everyone.

I first fell in love with the Si last summer, when I pulled into a Petsmart parking lot and saw one (in Fiji Blue of course) parked across from me. I got out, walked around the car, got some drool on the hood, and then spent the next year researching and obsessing over it. I didn't think it would turn into a reality this soon (I just graduated college in May) but due to a decent job and a hookup from my manager's friend who worked at a dealership...I got my Si with 4,800 miles on it and barely 5 months old, traded in by another lady driver who apparently had never driven a manual before and didn't want it after all. Needless to say I gladly snapped it up! Every single one of those monthly payments is worth it when I walk out my front door in the morning and see the amazing machine waiting for me. (I doubly appreciate it...my old car was a 1988 Volvo 240 DL with 271,000 miles on it. Huge step up in class for me!)

It's all stock for the moment, (but that's definitely going to change in the future) I started to reposition the front license plate today, but the reciprocating saw I was using didn't quite take enough off on the first cut, and then I got distracted by a plate of steak, mashed potato, and corn. (Hey, it happens...)

So here's my baby, my stock Si...

And of course... :vtec:

And this is me...since it is me, myself, and my Si.

That's my boyfriend's Duc (Edit: well, it WAS his Duc, he traded it in for the new 1098S) - I ride a Kawasaki. (Which I just bought THIS week...man I am just in vehicle heaven right now! Hopefully I will still be when I get tired of eating Ramen to make payments :laughing: )

Okay...for now, hi all, great to meet you! Look forward to learning some great stuff here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
lots o' cash to burn! hahaha welcome! nice ride! How i wish the Si could be imported locally.. :( the Si's here are grey imports and cost upwards of $40,000!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unbreakable said:
lots o' cash to burn! hahaha welcome! nice ride! How i wish the Si could be imported locally.. :( the Si's here are grey imports and cost upwards of $40,000!
Haha, I think it's more that a couple of banks just OWN my @$$ right now...I'm a poor college grad, the last thing I have is wads of cash laying around, but apparently I had good enough credit that they let me walk off the lot with both the car and a bike the next week!

Oh man, not only are they only available in grey, but 40K? I feel bad for you!! (And glad I'm not in the Philippines!)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yodums said:
Hey, welcome to the site! You should check out atruhondagrl's Fiji Blue Si. She owns one feisty autobot. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21152

Don't blame me if you get bit by the mod bug.
I think her thread on mods and the DIY threads were the two things that convinced me to join the forum and post something up - her ride is LOVELY and quite an inspiration to customize my own!!

Man that mod bug is awful...I think I had the car for a day before I wanted to do something to it. *sigh* :D

sgtpruitt said:
Holy hotness!!

The car is nice too.

Welcome!!
LOL, you and the rest of the crowd at Daytona Bike Week seem to think so! (Duuuuude...look....oh yeah, is that a 999S you're on?)

Thanks for the welcome!!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Geez another fiji in the house(rolls eyes)...........j/k

Congrats on the ride, and the bike:thumb: Girls+bikes=HOT!!!!:love: :drooling: :leghump: ......lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hondaonchrome said:
Geez another fiji in the house(rolls eyes)...........j/k

Congrats on the ride, and the bike:thumb: Girls+bikes=HOT!!!!:love: :drooling: :leghump: ......lol
Hey, I saw and loved the Fiji first!! :box: (J/K!)

Super excited about both my rides, maybe I'll slip in a discreet picture of my bike next to my car (even though the bike has nothing to do with Honda...)

It's not nearly as pretty as my car, but I think motorcycle aesthetics will take a backseat to my car. I'm the best accessory for my bike at this point - LOL!

Thanks for the uh...leg humps :D

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Cyprinid said:
Hey, I saw and loved the Fiji first!! :box: (J/K!)

Super excited about both my rides, maybe I'll slip in a discreet picture of my bike next to my car (even though the bike has nothing to do with Honda...)

It's not nearly as pretty as my car, but I think motorcycle aesthetics will take a backseat to my car. I'm the best accessory for my bike at this point - LOL!

Thanks for the uh...leg humps :D
Anytime,Anytime..........humps are givin out freely....lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skylinegtr06 said:
wow nice legs
:p after almost 22 years of being attached to these legs it never fails to amuse me to watch people's reactions to them.

They're real nice, except when I'm trying to buy jeans for them, and I realize that a "normal" inseam is considered to be 32" , a "tall" inseam is 34" and my inseam is 36" Then the legs are just a pain...

Thanks for the...uh...welcome, if you call it that :D

Exeon said:
lmao...more pics please!
I promise...as soon as I have something entertaining to take pictures of...until then it's just my attempts at fun photography of my stock car :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
g0tvtec said:
wow very nice..freaking HOT!!

oh the car and the bike is nice.... hehe
It *was* freaking hot out today...101 and HUMID! I burned my knee kneeling down on the asphalt to take that second picture! (/stops being corny)

Zeuceone said:
welcome to the site and nice choice of color.
Thanks Zeuce, funny I originally told the dealership I wanted black or habanero, but they got a Fiji in and after being reminded of why I fell in love with that color to begin with I wisely snatched it up...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zeuceone said:
you would of hated black due to it getting dirty and you would notice every scratch. well good luck with your modes of transportation.
I'm with you on this one - I'm really glad I didn't get the black, I'm super touchy about dirt, bugs, scratches, chips, dings, smudges, water, ANYTHING getting on my car (I always carry a clean rag in the glovebox for emergency wiping) so the black would have been a road grime nightmare for me...

Thanks for the well wishes!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts