8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I want to buy a HID kit for my car and these are the kits I have narrowed it down to. I'm looking for a 6000k kit. I've done a lot of searching for pictures and the only pictures I havn't found are the ones displaying how well they light up the road. I was just wondering if they all are going to be basically the same light output/quality since its a 6000k kit or is it going to be different because of brand. I'm also going to get retro's done once I can find someone to do it in the Dallas area. Thanks for your guys' input.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
I have installed both XD and Klight kits for other members here on the forum. If I recall correctly, the XD kit is almost twice the price of the Klight kit. The XD kit also had more relays than the klight kit harness did. I also had a problem getting one of the bulbs on the XD kit to ignite, but eventually both did come on. The Klight kit fit right into the headlight housings with ease. THe XD kit I had a bit of trouble inserting the bulb in on the passenger side but I also eventually got it in.

If you plan on going with retros later on, I would go with the XD Kit just because of the extra relays it has. You can just buy the adapters to connect your PnP Harness and ballasts to a D2S bulb.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My friend got them on his EX and he pretty like it
A got a 8000k from another brand and I'm getting some ficking promblem with them which is pretty annoying

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your guys' input. I really do appreciate it. The only other question is the light quality and output on the road. How well do these kits light up the roads? Are they comparable to eachother or is one going to be way better than the other?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Thanks for your guys' input. I really do appreciate it. The only other question is the light quality and output on the road. How well do these kits light up the roads?
I wish I could answer that question. I installed both kits during the day and haven't seen them on at night.

The XD kit was 6k and the Klight kit was 4300k. Of course you will have a huge difference in output between the two.. 4300k being the best as far as visibility.

·
Registered
368 Posts

they definately light up the road, i dont have a pic of it on it but I hope it does you justice with this one. Its a 4300k Klight kit and yes I know my lights were aimed wrong in the pic they are fixed now D:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

they definately light up the road, i dont have a pic of it on it but I hope it does you justice with this one. Its a 4300k Klight kit and yes I know my lights were aimed wrong in the pic they are fixed now D:
how about a picure of it lighting up the road? I've seen a lot of pictures against walls and stuff.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think that at least initially all 3 vendors products will perform very similarly.

The tie-breakers will be price, the quality of the product, the reliability, and the service and support.

I have read about a few Klight ballasts failing, and how fast the vendor replaces the part and it shows up on your doorstep all the way from China. I have also read many satisfied owners reports on their Klights.

I have not read about the others which could mean that they are unremarkable lights and no one is writing about them, or that not many are using them. I really can't say anything about them.

I have had a Klight kit in my Civic for over a year, and have had excellent results from it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that at least initially all 3 vendors products will perform very similarly.

The tie-breakers will be price, the quality of the product, the reliability, and the service and support.

I have read about a few Klight ballasts failing, and how fast the vendor replaces the part and it shows up on your doorstep all the way from China. I have also read many satisfied owners reports on their Klights.

I have not read about the others which could mean that they are unremarkable lights and no one is writing about them, or that not many are using them. I really can't say anything about them.

I have had a Klight kit in my Civic for over a year, and have had excellent results from it.
what temp is yours and do you have any pics of it lighting up the road?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have 35 watt 6000K lamps. This is the closest picture I have of them lighting up the road. I must say that the lighting is excellent, and almost as good as the car I have with BI-Xenon lighting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have 35 watt 6000K lamps. This is the closest picture I have of them lighting up the road. I must say that the lighting is excellent, and almost as good as the car I have with BI-Xenon lighting.

thanks man I appreciate it. Yeah, I read yesterday about the McCulloch kits and heard 50/50 about them. Does anybody like the McCulloch kits?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts