8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has this HID kit on his Vr-4. He likes them a lot and werent too pricey. ( $200 with 2 year warranty ) I was just wondering if anybody on here has these on there car. I'm looking into buying them and wanted some feedback from you guys.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You mean McCulloch? If so, then yes. I have a kit of those but I'm running retros with them. It's a very good kit...haven't had problems with them and had them for about 3 yrs. I've had the same kit in 3 different cars I've had.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea McCulloch , sorry i didnt even realize i mispelled it . ha , just curious , how much did this kit cost you ? i've seen different prices and just wondering what a good reasonable price would be?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also see that there are 3 different kits for the 6000k . One just says HID KIT($295.00) , then has HID KIT w/ wiring harness ($305.00), and last Bi Xenon HID KIT ($380.00). What's the difference? New to HID's , sorry for all the "dumb" questions . ha

·
Registered
700 Posts
I also see that there are 3 different kits for the 6000k . One just says HID KIT($295.00) , then has HID KIT w/ wiring harness ($305.00), and last Bi Xenon HID KIT ($380.00). What's the difference? New to HID's , sorry for all the "dumb" questions . ha
I can't remember exactly how much they were, but I think I paid about $270 shipped and had everything, including harness. The only thing I dont like about this particular kit is that the ballast comes separate from the igniters. I think they told me it was a safety feature, or something like that. I careless though, they've worked fine so far.

·
Registered
870 Posts
From HIDReview.com

HIDReview.com - Home of HID/Xenon Reviews and Info! - CONSUMER ALERT - Brand Theft!

Unless you are getting them from a physical car, all McCulloch kits are fake. Same goes with the other big name manufacturers. They only sell to OEMs.
this is completely wrong. Not everything you read on the internet is true.

Anyway I have had 4 mcculloch kits now and have been happy with all of them. No problems at all. They are more expensive than many other kits out there though and they do pretty much the same job. Ill be buying a cheapo kit for the fog lights.

I dont know that Id recommend this company because I havent had the greatest luck with them (they are rude) but VisionPro & McCulloch Xenon/HID Products. Call 877-HID-KITS has genuine mcculloch kits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.