8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a ride in my friends Mazdaspeed3...Has an intake and test pipe...Wow!!!!!
This thing pulls like there is no tomorrow...All you need is basic bolt ons with that car to make it a total animal....This really makes me want to trade my car in because it's a a lot faster stock...can be made faster than an si with bolt ons. I love Honda, I'm a big Honda fan but another thing leaning me toward this is the 3rd gear issue..I don't want this to get worse as I put more miles on it...Constant clunking going into gear can't be good.My Si is really clean and taken care of with only 12k miles on it. ( RR coupe by the way no navi or lip kit or anything) About how much do they give on trades would you say...? Any ms3 owners please chime in on what would be a good price to pay...thanks

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Too hard to say what the trade would be. Trade in here for my flawless Si around 20,000 miles was a paltry $14,000. I walked.

As far as MS3 pricing, I know Mazda has some deep price cuts. Around here, I've seen them as low as $21,000 new.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
^ yea but they look like poop and lack the overall superior feel the SI will give but it has a nice interior and good power so thats a +.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
try out the '09 wrx first

·
Registered
23 Posts
i know what you mean i had an 07 civic si haberno red pearl with full hfp kit with hfp rims and navi and i just recently traded it in for 2009 mazdaspeed 3 gt and i absolutely love it no regrets. If you want to trade your civic just dont let them low ball you cause believe me they will. My civic had 40,000 miles on it and every delearship said my car was only worth $14,000 but i did not give up and finally got my asking price $18,000. good luck but what ever you decide to do you cant go wrong both are amazing cars.

·
Registered
460 Posts
hmm mazdaspeed3...
it's a good choice, but i just cant seem to move outta the vtec zone..not to mention high rpm...gotta love that

·
Registered
276 Posts
^ yea but they look like poop and lack the overall superior feel the SI will give but it has a nice interior and good power so thats a +.
say what? wth superior feel? is that what u called being pulled a few lengths nowadays which actually happened yesterday vs i.h.e.tbs.reflash si

·
Registered
199 Posts
mazdaspeed 3

Nice Photos ^^ I always thought the MS3 looked really bland, and that helped my choose my SI over it... until I saw one in that White pearl paint, with dark charcoal rims... OMG it looks awesome, and they REALLY haul for not a lot of $$... PLUS I can fit my road bike in the MS3 a lot easier.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
^ your MS3 will never replicate the sporty and connected feel the SI will give you idc what car lengths you put on me but lets not get in to that.

the ms3 comes from the factory already turbo with a boring power band that dies way to early slap a SC on a SI and you get the best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts