8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
I dont think its possible to fail an inspection because of tint. But different states have laws for how dark your tint can be. Id google your state laws. If the md in your username stands for Maryland, then you're allowed nothing below 25% on the sides and nothing below 35% in the back.

The lower % tint you go, the darker itll be. Some people on here are running 5% limo tint which I bet looks like a black wall.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I'm in mass and just got my windows tinted 35% all around 2 weeks ago thats the legal limit the guy told me but becuase of our factory tint its more like 30%. He also told me I am going to need to know someone to get an inspection sticker becuase they can fail you for tint...stupid I know! I'm sure there are some places around that wouldn't think twice about it though just ask around your area

·
Registered
124 Posts
35% but I have 20 on mine I've got ulled over before no ticket and cop didn't say anything about it either what part of mass you from

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm in mass and just got my windows tinted 35% all around 2 weeks ago thats the legal limit the guy told me but becuase of our factory tint its more like 30%. He also told me I am going to need to know someone to get an inspection sticker becuase they can fail you for tint...stupid I know! I'm sure there are some places around that wouldn't think twice about it though just ask around your area
The "factory tint" (which really just means the glass has a tinge of green to it) is about 75%.

Most brand's 35% films are actually about 38% or so. This way once it's on the glass combined with the hint of color the glass has, it comes out about 32%. Which is legal in most states since it's 35% +/- 3%. Of course, not all films are like that. I've seen a few 35%s that are actually 30%.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Mine reads 36% according to my inspection. I went to Tint King in Billerica and it was a great job and 100% legal. I'm happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts