8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check engine light is on had the car scanned code reads low voltage checked the housing it is clean no leaks all the fuses are norrmal car is in limp mode and the code once reset it kicks right back in any suggestions. Can't get this part until wednesday at the earliest. Any suggestions honda is sying that the sensor almost never goes out.. Need some help.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If the ECU isn't receiving the signal from the MAF sensor (low voltage) it will set a code almost imediately upon starting because it uses that signal at all times.

Almost never is different than never. It could simply be a bad sensor. However, it could also be a connection issue at the sensor, wiring damage, etc. Basically, anything that causes the ECU to not get the signal.

Was anything changed recently, or did anything change right before or leading up to this issue? Did you just install the HIDs?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Just saw your other thread.

Since the problem happened right after installing HIDs, I would look into that first. What, if any wiring did you tap into when installing the lights? Before replacing the sensor I would make sure there isn't a wiring issue causing the problem, or which could possibly damage the new sensor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the hids are plug and play the only connection is to the original lighting wires which plugged right in and the scan showed no other error codes

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
take the hid kit off...disconnect the battery...wait 15- 30 mins and see what happens...did you get a cheap ebay kit..??..

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just did a clutch on a 07 coupe r18 and go to drive it it stalls the temp gauge doesnt light up and it stalls throws a P0103: MAF Sensor Circuit High Voltage and IAT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts