8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very very dissapointed with my civic ex map lights. do you really have to keep pushing the switch everytime you want to turn the lights on? I mean I always need to leave my hands on the switch in order the lights to light up.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You have to tap each map light to turn on then tap them again to turn them off -they stay on without having to holding onto them the whole time. You're either not pushing in all the way or the switch(es) are bad or maybe the bulbs are improperly seated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
DNieves said:
You have to tap each map light to turn on then tap them again to turn them off -they stay on without having to holding onto them the whole time. You're either not pushing in all the way or the switch(es) are bad or maybe the bulbs are improperly seated.
:yeahthat: If you have to hold it in order for the light to stay on, something is wrong, take it back to the stealership asap.:sadwavy:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't brought it to the dealer, Im just reading the manual. Im really gettin pissed.

The light switch has two positions, the door and the off. when I push the switch towards me, it lights up but as I remove my hand, it turns off. aargghh

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hahaha you held the map lights down to light up? just open your door:biggrin:

·
Registered
923 Posts
I guess you've never used map lights before...

The switch you are referring to is for setting the lights to turn on when your door is open. What you need to do is push on the actual light. Push to turn on, push again to turn off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't brought it to the dealer, Im just reading the manual. Im really gettin pissed.

The light switch has two positions, the door and the off. when I push the switch towards me, it lights up but as I remove my hand, it turns off. aargghh
Wow after reading some of your great posts like this one, I have one question to ask are you retarded?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not trying to be retarded here because there's really something wrong with those damn lights! I'll show you a video in a few days

·
Registered
77 Posts
HID Maps?? That would be bright as hell, if your roof didn't set on fire as soon as you turned them on. There are a few good LED threads around though. I used LED for my maps and rear dome, and trunk and license plate.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my map lights are still not working. A question. on what switch do you put the map lights for it to light up? I put it on the door it doesnt light up, I put it in the other switch but still it doesnt light up. I press both spot lights but still doesn't work. I think Im going crazy

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
my map lights are still not working. A question. on what switch do you put the map lights for it to light up? I put it on the door it doesnt light up, I put it in the other switch but still it doesnt light up. I press both spot lights but still doesn't work. I think Im going crazy
I can't believe how retarded you're being. Not saying you're retarded but you must really not be thinking this through.

1. Put the switch to door.
2. Unlock your car, open door [lights should be on].
3. Close door [all lights should turn off]
4. Look up and you'll see two map lights. Push them in, and they should turn on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't believe how retarded you're being. Not saying you're retarded but you must really not be thinking this through.

1. Put the switch to door.
2. Unlock your car, open door [lights should be on].
3. Close door [all lights should turn off]
4. Look up and you'll see two map lights. Push them in, and they should turn on.
I've done that already. Alot of times. Those f#%ckin lights work when the door is open but when I close the door, I tried pushing those lights but doesn't work

·
Registered
923 Posts
Try replacing the fuse and/or light bulbs?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts