8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you hate when you get into your car only to realize you left a light on and the battery is dead??

Many of our customers have reduced the likelihood of this happening by retrofitting their interior map lights with LEDs. They use A LOT less power therefore reducing the strain on your battery, last waay longer than your stock bulbs, and are most often way brighter. Not only that but you can change the color as well...

Here are some of our most popular automotive interior LEDs if you are interested

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Don't you hate when you get into your car only to realize you left a light on and the battery is dead??

Many of our customers have reduced the likelihood of this happening by retrofitting their interior map lights with LEDs. They use A LOT less power therefore reducing the strain on your battery, last waay longer than your stock bulbs, and are most often way brighter. Not only that but you can change the color as well...

Here are some of our most popular automotive interior LEDs if you are interested

I do have a question for you.

I have these led's (3022-x9) for my maps and dome lights. But my drivers side map light doesn't seem to be working right. It comes on like it should some days and there are other days it won't come on but when you look at it close its very dim. What do you think it might be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Alright Everyone

The 3022 is the bulb for your 8th gen Civic Dome Lights.
These are available in blue, green, red, orange, and several variations of white

Shipping depends on your specific location but isn't more than 5 bucks for most of our car bulb customers...

rohittrocks –
Yes we carry all types of vehicle, and home lighting LEDs
As far as the turn signal bulbs you need I believe for 8th gen Civics the front uses our 3157 LEDs and the back uses our 1157 LEDs. I would recommend checking our pictures of those bulbs against what is currently in your car before you order.

The 18 LED tower variations of those bulbs will be about as bright as your stock bulbs, the 45 will be significantly brighter. Those are our two most popular variations

Also, when choosing a color, make sure to pick the same color as the lens that will be in front of the LED to get the most vibrant color from your new bulbs

Beckerson –

Is it the bulb or a problem with the socket? Have you tried swapping the two bulbs places to see if the problem follows the bulb?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Alright Everyone

The 3022 is the bulb for your 8th gen Civic Dome Lights.
These are available in blue, green, red, orange, and several variations of white

Shipping depends on your specific location but isn't more than 5 bucks for most of our car bulb customers...

rohittrocks –
Yes we carry all types of vehicle, and home lighting LEDs
As far as the turn signal bulbs you need I believe for 8th gen Civics the front uses our 3157 LEDs and the back uses our 1157 LEDs. I would recommend checking our pictures of those bulbs against what is currently in your car before you order.

The 18 LED tower variations of those bulbs will be about as bright as your stock bulbs, the 45 will be significantly brighter. Those are our two most popular variations

Also, when choosing a color, make sure to pick the same color as the lens that will be in front of the LED to get the most vibrant color from your new bulbs

Beckerson –

Is it the bulb or a problem with the socket? Have you tried swapping the two bulbs places to see if the problem follows the bulb?

I haven't tried that but when I get home from classes I will try that and see what happens... If its a problem with the socket do you carry replacement sockets?

Edit: I did check it when I got home and when I applied pressure downward on the led it turned on... now I took it out and then replaced it and it work all fine and dandy and when I closed everything up and shut the door the bulb went out again... Not sure if its socket related or if its just the bulb... I didn't switch it out with the other one as its freezing out...

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I haven't tried that but when I get home from classes I will try that and see what happens... If its a problem with the socket do you carry replacement sockets?

Edit: I did check it when I got home and when I applied pressure downward on the led it turned on... now I took it out and then replaced it and it work all fine and dandy and when I closed everything up and shut the door the bulb went out again... Not sure if its socket related or if its just the bulb... I didn't switch it out with the other one as its freezing out...
Alright I tried to switch the bulbs to see if it was the socket and its defiantly NOT that... So its the bulb

Any Idea when there will be a GB or package deal? I figure since I'm replacing one I will replace them all and keep the good ones as backups...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone know if the 8th gen civics need special hardware for the turn signals to operate properly or just the bulb is fine?

·
Registered
248 Posts
i think since brake lights can be red the turn signals in the rear are alllowed to be red too, some models and makes even have them red OEM. I want to tint my taillights red but I worry about not having reverse lights. Too bad they couldn't be on either side of the license plate or something.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Heres what I came up with to save anyone else the trouble.

Parking Lights and Front Turn Signals
OEM: 3357 LED: 3157

Rear Turn Signals
OEM: 992/7440A LED: 1157

Tail Lights / Brake Lights
OEM: 7443 LED: 7443

High Mount Brake Light
OEM: 7440 LED: 7440

Lic. Plate / Rear Side Markers
OEM: 168 LED: WLED

Reverse Lights
OEM: 921 LED: 921/T13

Map/Dome Lights
OEM: DE3175 LED: 3022

Trunk Light
OEM: 2825 LED: WLED

·
Registered
921 Posts
Heres what I came up with to save anyone else the trouble.

Parking Lights and Front Turn Signals
OEM: 3357 LED: 3157

Rear Turn Signals
OEM: 992/7440A LED: 1157

Tail Lights / Brake Lights
OEM: 7443 LED: 7443

High Mount Brake Light
OEM: 7440 LED: 7440

Lic. Plate / Rear Side Markers
OEM: 168 LED: WLED

Reverse Lights
OEM: 921 LED: 921/T13

Map/Dome Lights
OEM: DE3175 LED: 3022

Trunk Light
OEM: 2825 LED: WLED
Is this 100% accurate cause if it is my car is gonna be LED'd out lol :brock:

and one more thing do we know that if we replace the bulb for the turn signals is it gonna make it flash quick as if a bulb were out? i know that integra's had this problem when they switched to LED bulbs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts