8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manti Te’o’s a big fat phony!

Hey guys, so I hope their isnt another thread out there about all this. But some of you may know about Manti Te'o and how his granny died then apparently soon after, his girlfriend dies of leukemia or something. Well apparently this girlfriend never existed......I hope this isnt true because this is just a horrible thing to lie about. Anyways, heres the article.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The story of his 'GF' is a phony, not him.

So that wasn't him who played in Notre Dame? Lol. You should have names the thread title differently.
Thank you for taking the title so literal. It just amazes me about how this kid could do all this. At the time this was like front page sports news. ESPN ran a 10 min clip of his whole life story for like 2 months strait. It makes me wonder if he did this just to get heisman votes.

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
Thank you for taking the title so literal. It just amazes me about how this kid could do all this. At the time this was like front page sports news. ESPN ran a 10 min clip of his whole life story for like 2 months strait. It makes me wonder if he did this just to get heisman votes.
Quite possibly. Although, I think the Heisman is solely based on football statistics. This probably gave him some edge.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I was pretty bummed when I first read this story. I really liked the kid.

But the comments that I've been reading have really made up for my otherwise rather boring Wednesday afternoon.

Manti Te'o wasn't missing tackles in the National Championship, he was hugging his girlfriend.
WHOA. I am no longer the most famous Mormon to invent an always-suspiciously-absent "girlfriend" in college.
- Ken Jennings

Manti's relationship status on Facebook: It's complicated
LOL.

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
Didn't he ever skype the girl?
What about phone calls?
What about going to visit her when she supposedly had cancer?
What about going to her funeral?
What about checking the obituaries when she died?
Why has his dad made statements claiming that he had visited the girl?
What about that other Hawaiian full back saying that he knew this girl?

None of it makes much sense :shrug:

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
There's just no way he couldn't of known. Unless he is incredibly stupid.

He's just about as phony as Notre Dame was this year. He's just a mediocre linebacker with a fraudulent sob story.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts