8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to hodas world and ive been looking for honda civic gen 8 hatchback but there are some things i can not undarstand. First what are the diferences betwen the sta nav and original radio exept the navigation is the speakers wattege output is higher or not. So i want someone to tell me what wattage is the sat nav,the normal and the premium. Because the only thing i was abble to find is that the premium has only a added sub with amp for itself, is that so? Also is there a diferent speakers or they are the same/or there are 2 more? Also i want to knоw where the sub is located so i can look for it when I look for a car? And last is there way to upgrage an non premium sound sistem to a premium- adding an original sub with its amp?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't do the premium sound system. If you want a better system I would just put it in myself. If you want the same amount of bass as the stock sub just add nicer door speakers for about 80 bucks per pair. If you want real bass get a sub or 2. They are much better and cheaper to add yourself in my opinion.

·
Registered
197 Posts
To upgrade from non-premium to premium you need to replace the head-unit, add the amp, add a sub-woofer, and rewire some stuff. The 6.5" door/rear speakers and tweeters are the same, but the wiring for the tweeters is different.
With the sat/nav system you could add an external non factory amp and sub as a start, then go all the way by replacing the factory speakers but also sound deaden the doors and rear speaker deck (not sure where the hatch backs have their speakers.
Best sound would be deaden your doors, floors, and other panels, replace the entire sound system.

... If you want the same amount of bass as the stock sub just add nicer door speakers for about 80 bucks per pair. If you want real bass get a sub...
Very good suggestion, using some sound deadening in the door panels will also help.

But what $80.00 per pair door speakers do you feel are better than the stock speakers,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the kicker CS series for speakers which IMO were way better that stock. I built my whole system with new speakers, 2 subs, an amp, plus a head unit for only 800to 900.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the kicker CS series for speakers which IMO were way better that stock...
I looked at the Kicker 46CSS654 as replacements for the factory, but the Tweeters are not direct replacements and have to be surface mounted rather than the flush mount of the factory set... Kickers generally do give a bit more bass.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would not be looking at an 8th gen, based on its audio system.. the electronic components head unit, amp, speakers, sub are all 15 years old as well as 15+ year old technology that was chosen by the manufacturer, (not just Honda but all auto manufacturers), based on price.

There are many DIY installs documented on this and other boards., Here is one on the Crutchfield site, and they sell a complete line of parts needed. You could get great sound, with modern features like USB, Bluetooth, and Apple/Andriod autoplay.

·
Registered
08 Honda Civic ex coupe
14 Posts
Im new to hodas world and ive been looking for honda civic gen 8 hatchback but there are some things i can not undarstand. First what are the diferences betwen the sta nav and original radio exept the navigation is the speakers wattege output is higher or not. So i want someone to tell me what wattage is the sat nav,the normal and the premium. Because the only thing i was abble to find is that the premium has only a added sub with amp for itself, is that so? Also is there a diferent speakers or they are the same/or there are 2 more? Also i want to knоw where the sub is located so i can look for it when I look for a car? And last is there way to upgrage an non premium sound sistem to a premium- adding an original sub with its amp?
I’ve had over 50 sets of speakers in my car, the audio system is nearly done , I’d be happy to help anything you need I could even give you a good deal on good speakers I’ve been a mechanic my whole life and also worked professionally installing everything 12volt related , I plan on posting build pics soon it’s over the top I would say

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not to go off topic, 08excoupeohio, but why 50 sets of speakers ?

And after all theses speakers which 6.5's (door speakers) din you find you liked with factory premium systems ?

·
Registered
08 Honda Civic ex coupe
14 Posts
Not to go off topic, 08excoupeohio, but why 50 sets of speakers ?

And after all theses speakers which 6.5's (door speakers) din you find you liked with factory premium systems ?
I’ll be honest, you know what a crackhead is, I’m the same thing but a speakerhead, my current setup is pretty ridiculous to be honest I have a 7” and 6.5” Kenwood excelon in front doors with a set of Rockford power tweets, in the rear I have a set of component alpines and I built a wall with 2 8” American bass godfather cc and a set of 6.5” godfather cc, and I have a mb quart 4” in the cupholder , I also built a box for that , favorite door speakers if you aren’t willing to spend big $ is definitely Kenwood, best speaker in the car Is the mb quart, but I paid over 300$ for two of those , to answer ur question I professionally install all things 12 volt related along with bunch of other **** so I am literally around speakers all day long for the most part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts