8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I have a 06 SI with almost 160k miles on it. I just had to replace my whole transmission clutch. My A/C compressor is starting to go bad and my steering wheel makes noise when turning, suspecting the rack. Also, my idle pulley went out on me (picture attached). I am about to replace the serpentine belt.

Someone told me once to replace my timing chain at around 200k miles. But I want to know what others have done.

I would like to know what maintenance/prevention work have other SI owners have done at this point.

Thank you,
Rojo

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my 07 Si with 168k miles, I've done:

TSX front brake conversion
new OEM rear brakes
rear camber arms
coilovers
clutch master and slave cylinder + fluid
AC line going to compressor
shifter - mine was very loose and inaccurate
previous owner did clutch and tranny flush

I still need to do:

CV joint
flush coolant
replace window and door seals

As for the timing chain, this motor does experience stretch on the chain over time. It's probably fine if you baby the car, but it's a Honda. :vtec:
I'm probably going to start saving pennies for a k24 bottom end and a better head so I'll definitely hit the timing chain tensioner and chain itself. Or, you know, buy a crate motor from 4piston and get everything new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 07 civic si sedan 160k miles and I've recently had to replaced A/C compressor, clutch, and flywheel. I've noticed my idler pulley is squeaking a little bit at times and I've also noticed that my steering wheel makes a little whine noise when turning. Planning on replacing pulleys and belts soon, any suggestions on what pulley to go with?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 07 Civic SI Coupe. About 138k now. I have changed rotors, pads, oil, drain and fill trans fluid, cabin filter, air filter. The car still performs great. I always use Honda filters and Mobil synthetic oil. Hawk pads, brembo rotors, Honda trans fluid. Everything so far works well.
My car is still completely stock and in some ways it shows.
The gear linkage between the shifter and the trans is absolutely terrible.
I plan to drain and fill fluid again soon and swap bushings and base bushings to try to
correct that. I did adjust the clutch pedal and it helped some.
I would love to take the car in to a Honda dealership and just do timing chain, belts, and pully's but I just don't have the money.
I hope the car stays reliable because I trust it back and forth from Mississippi to Michigan a few times a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts