8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a down payment in for a Magnetic Pearl 06 Hybrid on 9/22/05. They orinignally promised it for November at the latest. Here it is the 17th of December and I STILL don't have my car!!! TOday the sales guy told me it won't be in until after Jan 1st. :eek:hnoes: Supposedly I was the FIRST on the list for the Magnetic Pearl at this dealer. I think what it really is is that I was first on my salesman's list. There are several sales people at the dealer though, and this guy is one of the younger ones. :banghead: He did say that I could have a car tomorrow if only I would take the Galaxy Gray. Well, my current Civic is a 95 model, and if I'm gonna wait 11 or so years to buy a new car I darn well don't want to just settle for whatever color they can't sell! Is it just me or is every one having trouble getting Magnetic Pearls? I know people have them,there are pics posted of them. At this point, all I want to do is just see a Magnetic Pearl, That way I can decide if I really like the color or not. If I don't I'll just get an EX in one of the blue colors.

I can't figure out if the shortage is legit or if the dealer is screwing me, as in other people have been getting Magnetic Pearls, one of which should have gone to me! Maybe these people are willing to pay far over the price the dealer was quoting for the cars, I don't know. My Mom put a down payment down for an Opal Silver BLue the same day. She has her car, has had it for a month now. Beautiful car by the way, beautiful color! She paid 23500 for it. Dealer was very fair about the price. They did tell me that when they got a Magnetic Pearl, even if it went to someone else, they'd call me and at least give me the chance to see it. Hasn't happened. I also looked at other dealer's websites. No one has a Magnetic Pearl listed in their inventory.

·
Registered
730 Posts
first off welcome to 8th.

secondly, hybrids arnt realy my deal but i feel you on the whole delay thing. my si MIGHT be here by the end of january. hope it works out for u and dont cave on what u want.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
welcome to the site, and sorry to hear about your delay. Yes the delay is legit. I've talked with a few dealers as well as honda corporate. All of them basically said the same thing to me. Honda is really having problems getting parts for production. One dealer said they are really having delays in the supply chain for certain parts, which is backing up cars from going out. I really hope they can correct their problems and increase their production.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I also had to wait and wait for a specific honda civic, but got sick of waiting and just bought a color that was available. Honda is really being slow about production of the new civic. Honda needs to hire some more people to build the civics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who replied! :) I did some research on my own online last night and today. I''ve been convinced the delay is legit. Just wanted to be more sure though. When I bought my 1995 Civic DX, some of the dealers I went to tried enough tricks to make me wary this time around, even with the reputable and highly recommended dealer I am working with now that has service awards from Honda. Stuff like the classic bait and switch, of a car advertised then not available, only a more expensive car was there. And the deal worked out with the sales pesron, then the "I just need to run it by the Sales Manager" and then they try and pull a fast one on you. Didn't work on me, I up and left then and there! Sorry I couldn't do business with them and all. Just made me wary!

There isn't a Magnetic Pearl to be had in any of the 6 New England States. I live in CT, and at least the dealers here can get the Hybrids,even if they aren't Magnetic Pearls. Same with RI and MA. But they don't seem to be able to even get Hybrids of any kind in the 3 Northern New England states of Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire. I looked in other areas too. Seem to be more Magnetic Pearls on the West coast than the East. Also a dealer from Virginia called this AM because I'd filled out a "How Much Is This Car Worth" kind of thing on my 1995 Civic DX. He said he's from the biggest dealer on the East Coast, and they are having trouble getting Hybrids, especially the Opal Silver Blue that my Mom has had for a month now. Hasn't seen hide nor hair of the Opal in VA, but the one my Mom has has 1500 miles on it already! The most gorgeous color, amzing how it changes from blue to silver depending on conditions, even looks green in some lights! I'm hoping the Magnetic Pearl will be kind of the same way, only in darker shades. She's been getting hig 30's to low mid 40's for MPG. 37-44,average.

I also talked to my sales guy this AM, and he pretty much said what Webby said. They have gotten in a single Magnetic Pearl, which was gone in 20 minutes. It had been ordered directly from American Honda by someone rather high up in the chain of command at American Honda. The person who bought it clearly has a friend in a very high place! ;) He said there's one person before me for the Magnetic Pearl color, but they want Navi. So the first person in line for one without Navi is me! Supposedly the Navi one is due in by 12/31, and he said he'd call and let me know so I could see the color in reality, not just a picture.

In the mean time I have my faithful 1995 Civic DX, "Cecil", mildly dented and bumped though he is, 127267 miles on him but still running well. He even still gets 29-32 MPG. The guy from Virginia seemed REALLY interested in the car, so I'll have to see what my dealer here says.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not sure where you're located, but the dealer where I bought my coupe from has a magnetic pearl in stock. They are in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The Magnetic Pearls are a rare color.They'll start making more of those later on. Honda brings out more of the lighter colors in the begininng. Look on te bright side. Your getting your Hybrid in 2006 so you can apply the Tax credit to your taxes this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts