8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around tonight and found these. Since we can't get the hood bra from Honda anymore, is this a good option?

Does anyone have one of these? How is the fit?

Pic

Link

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Sounds like a horrible idea.

As many of you know, I'm a window tinter, but I also do signs/decals/etc.

One of the things I do is magnets. Like the kind contractors put on their doors.

I will tell you, dirt does work it's way behind it.

Also there's a big difference in magnetic material. Ask how many poles per inch it has. Fourteen poles per inch is the minimum and on a leading edge of a vehicle like that I'd hope it was more.

Don't listen to the lies about "car washes are no problem." Many a contractor has lost their magnets at the car wash.

Lastly, I use a brand called CarSafe and love it. The back side of the magnet has a special coating on it that helps prevent paint damage. I've seen cheap magnet materials (and even some nice ones) that basically bake themselves onto dark colored cars from the heat of the sun.

Clear bra or traditional vinyl bra is the way to go.

·
Registered
276 Posts
had one on my dub, no problems, liked it, but I removed it often and kept it clean!!!

to add to the guy that commented about a clear bra, they are super expensive and my buddy had one on a white car and it yellowed enough to notice it, wasn't a fan of it on his car, might as well get the front resprayed after the chips for the money a clear bra costs...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Well, civics really aren't the target market for clear bra. They are if you really love your car. It serves a function though and is invisible. I think regular bras look horrible. Plus, paint protection film can go anywhere you want it. Hood, bumper, rocker panels, a-pillars, trunk sill, under the gas filler, door edges, headlights, foglights, mirrors, door handle. A place that I'm doing now on some cars is right behind the rear door. This way when people get in and out they don't scratch the paint.

That stuff is intended for cars that repainting would completely ruin their value.

Yes, white is the worst color to put it on because it will show the color change.

However, after 5 years, when you go to sell the car you peel it off and your paint is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts