8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I been debating between these 2 exhaust. First I was leaning more toward the skunk2, but I read that is really loud it gets annoying and that it also attracts cops. I heard a few clips of the Magnaflow and I liked it. I want an exhaust louder than the stock Si. Any Magnaflow owners regret getting over any other exhaust?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just love how you debating between defiantly one of the quietest and THEEE loudest exhaust for our car. whats your taste!? hahaha. May I suggest the WS2? Its been one of my favorites on the Si's. Stockish look, deeper tone and a TAD bit louder than stock. If you're still looking into the Magnaflow, I believe there was a thread or two about a discount code from somewhere and it came out to be a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
pretty much wut recn said haha. depends on ur tastes. if u want something that is loud it will stand out, skunk2 is the way to go. but if u like a quiet exhaust but still make some gains, then magnaflow.

if u want something loud but not as loud as the slkunk2 70mm, try the 60mm, as it is quieter. also, as recn said the Apexi ws2 is a little louder than stock and has a nice deep tone to it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a custom magnaflow... it sounds good ...but I really wanted to get the skunk2...! And im workin my way to it... lol. So in my opinion get the skunk2 .. Like u said u don't want to b a cop magnet so just get sumthing that's not that loud .. Another exhaust that I like is invidia .. Go to corsportusa.com they show a video clip on how it sounds too

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after hearing both on youtube I like Skunk2 a little bit better. Now something else came up. A local shop is selling the Magnaflow cat-back for 350! So I'll be saving 150 if I get that instead of the Skunk2 and get myself an intake.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
^Pretty good deal. Now decide if you like the sound enough to pay more or whether you'd rather get the intake+magnaflow for the same amount of $$ :p

I previously wanted to get vibrant because of all the good things I read about it, but the price of the magnaflow is too awesome. Thoughts on vibrant vs magnaflow? I know the vibrant is a bit louder, but gains and tone comparison in your opinions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.