8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys long time civic driver i have an issue no mechanic can seem to fix......so about 3 years ago i installed a cold air intake and no issues with it i cleaned it about a month ago and now ive got a maf code took it to the mechanic and they said it was an air leak that it was fixed. I still have the same symptoms though.....1engine stalls with little or no power if i press the pedal to the floor......and or it pops like two step/ very rough idle never had that before.....and the hunting idle......late shifting or garing shifts any help i also have 61-1 control unit low voltage and modular control unit power source low voltage ive replaced the 02 sesor/maf/both temp sensors/ oil pressure sensor/ throttle body
nothing really helped.....any help would be greatly appreciated (and yes i did the honda relearn)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Simple thought in my head, have you tried cleaning the ground connection from your battery? I had a similar stall issue with a CAI install but realized that I needed a tune in order to run it. Not sure if you have a hondata but that would likely solve the low idle problem. As for other things, try reinstalling the stock intake, this will tell you if its an airflow problem caused by either needing a tune or other things related to the intake. I would obviously recommend the idle relearn but you said you did it, these are symptoms that often come up after moving the butterfly valve in the throttle body. It could be that the engine isn't reading the correct manifold pressure or air flow and is compensating by going lean or rich, causing the pops or stalls. If you install the stock intake on again and the problem is solved then bam, stick with that. CAI are great but only with a tune (ignore what I said about some of these things if you already have a tune).

·
Registered
39 Posts
CAIs suck, they always seem to kill MAFs, and that's not a cheap part to replace. For the super slight gain they give you, it's not worth the sacrifice in reliability. I would swap MAFs with known good one and go from there. And obviously vacuum leaks of any sort. Don't forget to check crap like the valve cover, intake manifold, and the brake booster. Is this a 1.8 or 2.0?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts