8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a reputable tint shop somewhere in the North Shore (Beverly, Salem, Lynn) Area? Moved to the area a few months back and I honestly have no clue where to start looking. Anything I should be looking out for in terms of getting decent quality? Lastly, what are the legal limits for MA? I'm looking at 35% up front and 10-20% for the rear, would I be able to get away with this? I know the Si has mild tints as stock, so what would I need to add to make up those percentages?

Cheers :dancingcoolsmiley:

NcA

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
got mines done there.. i knoe it not close to lynn and stuff but i just wanted to throw that out there cause he is pretty goood...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's not too far out of the way, best looking bet so far :thumb: How long was installation and cost?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
walk in bro.. 30 min top.. walk-in welcome i would call just to see if he is busy though but i think he one of the best...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
well i got a good deal since we took like 6 cars down there.. call tell him wat chu got.. he'll tell u its all computer cut.. sickk...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one! Still open to any closer shops if anyone else knows of any. Tint king looks like he knows his s**t though.. :laughing:

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
I got it done at Tint King and I love mine still. Talk him down to $200 because thats what he did for me for my coupe :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What were the % you got done darkrom? And the type of film, I noticed he offers 3 different flavours :laughing:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
go down he'll knoe exactly wat to put on... i got 35 its a little darker cause the stock tint but that wat i got..

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Exclusive Auto Design
900 Eastern Ave., Malden, MA
781 397.8300

got mine done there, good people, they also do audio installation :thumb:
i have 35% on the front, and 20% on the back
looks pretty clean

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
I just said give me the legal limit. SO he did 35% all around. Haven't been hassled once, and it looks really clean. I don't know what kind of tint he used, but he assured me that they don't have the stuff that will ruin your radio reception or anything like that. I highly recommend Tint King. Theres a nice pub or something across the street if you wanna have a few beers while you wait.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Can anyone suggest a reputable tint shop somewhere in the North Shore (Beverly, Salem, Lynn) Area? Moved to the area a few months back and I honestly have no clue where to start looking. Anything I should be looking out for in terms of getting decent quality? Lastly, what are the legal limits for MA? I'm looking at 35% up front and 10-20% for the rear, would I be able to get away with this? I know the Si has mild tints as stock, so what would I need to add to make up those percentages?

Cheers :dancingcoolsmiley:

NcA
Just be careful with tints man, i had 35% all around on my Mazda and never once was i hassled by police, BUT when it came time for inspection i failed because my tints were too dark. I even stood there when they scanned my tints, i had like 27-30% the tint meter was reading. Thats cuz of the natural tint in the glass threw the tint off by a couple numbers and they refused to pass me...In the end I took it else where and passed but wow it was a nightmare.

35% is nice because like I said never once was I hassled with police but damn that inspection....Now I got 20% and in another state:laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts