8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty straight forward question, I have an 06SI that is in need of an inspection soon. Last year I filled out a waiver so I wouldn't have to get an inspection due to being out of state. I think that waiver is only good for a set amount of time. I imagine a year at the most, and its coming up on that year mark. I cant imagine it possible to go 2yrs w/o a state inspection. My question is does anyone in the central MA area preferably around Worcester, Auburn, Shrewsbury know of a place that I can take my car to get inspected and pass with 20% tint lol.

I ask because my last car had 35% and due to the "natural" tint in glass the inspection stations read like 27%-33% and failed me every time. I ended up having to take all my tints off(no small chore). I know there has GOT to be someplace, I've seen limo dark tint on Bimmers and Benz's up there and they are have passed stickers...If not Ill just ride the waiver as long as I can and hope and pray the state doesn't cancel my registration...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pretty straight forward question, I have an 06SI that is in need of an inspection soon. Last year I filled out a waiver so I wouldn't have to get an inspection due to being out of state. I think that waiver is only good for a set amount of time. I imagine a year at the most, and its coming up on that year mark. I cant imagine it possible to go 2yrs w/o a state inspection. My question is does anyone in the central MA area preferably around Worcester, Auburn, Shrewsbury know of a place that I can take my car to get inspected and pass with 20% tint lol.

I ask because my last car had 35% and due to the "natural" tint in glass the inspection stations read like 27%-33% and failed me every time. I ended up having to take all my tints off(no small chore). I know there has GOT to be someplace, I've seen limo dark tint on Bimmers and Benz's up there and they are have passed stickers...If not Ill just ride the waiver as long as I can and hope and pray the state doesn't cancel my registration...

I hate when I see tint that is so much darker than mine. I had the guy put on 40% so I wouldn't have any trouble. But there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish it were darker.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts