1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Delete if repost)

From our friends at:

The Torque Report said:
BMW has finally officially unveiled the sedan version of the upcoming M3. Yesterday a few photos were leaked of the car and now today we have almost 30 new photos of the sedan.

The M3 sedan gets a new front end and rear compared to the regular 3-Series sedan. The front fascia is right off the M3 coupe with its wide fenders, and bulging hood. Out back the M3 sedan gets a small lip spoiler and M-specific tailpipes that let you know that this is no ordinary 3-Series sedan.

The M3 sedan has the same 414 horsepower 4.0L V8 as the coupe which propels the 3,531 lb sedan from 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. The top speed is limited to 155mph. Initially the M3 sedan will only be offered with a six-speed manual. It is rumored that a dual-clutch M-DCT gearbox will be offered at a later date.
Lots of pics at the link:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/10/bmw_m3_sedan_officially_unveil.html

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
its a 330i with a 335i coupe front end swap and some larger wheels.

no one will buy this car for its looks.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
3pac2k6 said:
its a 330i with a 335i coupe front end swap and some larger wheels.

no one will buy this car for its looks.

Wrong!!!! Go read about the M3. You obviously know nothing in life.

Almost every piece is different. Start your research at bmw.com then go buy a road and track and and read a review.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
umm have you people seen M3 Sedans in the past? what about M5 Sedan?
this looks THE MOST different than the standard 3er than any M before it.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
3pac2k6 said:
fixed.:thumb::biggrin:
considering i didnt say anything about how good or bad it looks i dont see the point to your "fix" other than to take away from the several blind/ignortant people in this thread who think that there are only minor cosmetic differences. seriously, get some glasses.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm sorry coupe guys you'll probably hate me but id rather have this sedan M3 than the coupe. Its got the muscle under the hood and convenience of 4 doors, classy and sporty looks.

and if its like their little brothers the 335's believe it or not the 4dr are lighter than the coupes so no power is sacrificed, probably mostly suspensions diff in which case im sure the M3 sedan is very capable as is...i dont know for sure but it would be nice if this carried on to the M series

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
considering i didnt say anything about how good or bad it looks i dont see the point to your "fix" other than to take away from the several blind/ignortant people in this thread who think that there are only minor cosmetic differences. seriously, get some glasses.
seriously,:chill:

Even if 95% of the body panels are new and only the doors are the same as the 328/335, it looks almost identical to a 328. Its not ok when a 70k car looks like a 30k car. I know the engine, suspension, etc of this car is really what matters, but from a looks standpoint, it just doesnt work. I'm not saying BMW makes bad cars, they make great driving cars. The last gen m3 looked good, this one simply doesnt cut it.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
3pac2k6 said:
seriously,:chill:

Even if 95% of the body panels are new and only the doors are the same as the 328/335, it looks almost identical to a 328. Its not ok when a 70k car looks like a 30k car. I know the engine, suspension, etc of this car is really what matters, but from a looks standpoint, it just doesnt work. I'm not saying BMW makes bad cars, they make great driving cars. The last gen m3 looked good, this one simply doesnt cut it.
right but again, your mostly talking about looks when my comment was about whts different. what else would you like changed cosmetically?

theres a big bulge on hood, with vents on the hood.
theres a vents on the front fenders.
bumpers and skirts look completly different.
a Coupe grill on a Sedan
cleared corners
flared wheel arches to fit the wider track (semi wide body)
lip spoiler
quad tail pipes.
aero sideview mirrors

get glasses. i dont know of any two cars that make a bigger difference except the Lancer and EVO, and the EVO doesnt even look all that much different, its just a RICED lancer.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
e60: Whats your opinion about how this car looks? tell me if you think all of these cosmetic diferences make it look good.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
3pac2k6 said:
e60: Whats your opinion about how this car looks? tell me if you think all of these cosmetic diferences make it look good.
well that my point. you seem to come off as, "it doesnt look good because they didnt do enough to it. "

in my opinion, there isnt a whole lot you can do it without making it look rice.

in my opinion, its a good looking car, but its nothing spectacular looking like i think the Coupe is. and thats the base body shape. none of the extras. nothing more that BMW can do to it to make it look less like a normal 3er will make it look better.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Please no one be offended or anything we are talking about cars with, opinions and its not like we made these cars so yeah...

with that said what i dont get it why people are criticizing this car and comparing it to the audi RS4 and when i yes i know in the same class but i mean comparison between the relationship of a4-rs4 and 328-M3

both cars have different fronts and rears due to bumpers/fenders/grills or hoods, on the sides i see diff side skirts wheels and same doors on both. finally obviously engine susp and interior diff which im sure both have

EDIT::: oh rs4 have silver trim round windows and mirror that a4 doesnt. and M3 doesnt have that over 328 WE

my questions is why is the M3 so bad what does the audi rs4 have overr its little brother the a4 that the M3 doesnt have over the 328?

i understand if you dont personally like the M3 but that is different than to say that BMW messed up and should have made a BRAND NEW BODY to make it different from the other 3 series when not many that i can think of do so either..

1 - 20 of 73 Posts