8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an LX sedan and it didn't come with a lot of standard options. I know a lot of OEM stuff can be added if you work hard enough at it but I'm curious what things people find the most worthwhile and easiest to do. Here are some I've seen that seem interesting....

- Add outside temperature gauge
- Add remote trunk release
- Add steering wheel controls

So what have you guys have done?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another audio upgrade that I thought might be interesting is getting a premium audio radio and adding the steering wheel control buttons and maybe dash tweeters.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Adding steering wheel controls can be done. There is a DIY here somewhere.

Adding the trunk release and temp gauge I'm not sure on. For these projects, a computer is involved so I can't image these mods being easy to do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought an LX sedan and it didn't come with a lot of standard options. I know a lot of OEM stuff can be added if you work hard enough at it but I'm curious what things people find the most worthwhile and easiest to do. Here are some I've seen that seem interesting....

- Add outside temperature gauge
- Add remote trunk release
- Add steering wheel controls

So what have you guys have done?
I have a 2010 coupe, and I have several OEM accessories / options installed. As far as I've seen, there is a sedan equivalent for each of these (the coupe and sedan parts usually aren't interchangeable). Off the top of my head, here they are. If you want to see how they look, you should be able to click on my profile to see the "My garage" pictures.

-OEM 17" Si alloy wheels
-OEM splash guards
-OEM hood mask
-OEM leather steering wheel wrap
-OEM carbon fiber dash trim
-Amber foglights from ebay, with OEM wiring and harnesses
-Although it's not true OEM, I installed an Si-style exhaust tip too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts