8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2007 LX civic coupe. Stock. My friend just got a 2001 Mitsu Eclipse with the base four cylinder. Both cars are stock and automatic. So tell me, who would win in a race? I need to know before i agree to a track date with her so i don't get my ass handed to me. Thoughts anyone? :xyxnervou

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
check his torque out... google it.
and ur car wt against his....

i think both get 140 bhps...

so its all upto tq and wt......

and ur car revs more...7k redline

i think eclipse have a redline of 6.5

·
Registered
302 Posts
Definately put it down to 1, and make sure you wind out 1st and second all the way. You'll spank that Elcplipse rite good! But for God's sake, be careful.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, i feel a bit more confident now. She is gonna get her but handed to her. We will be careful, thats why we're doing it at a track legally and not in the street. thanks again guys. any more input is definately welcome!!! :vtec:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
her car is alot heavier than mine... it more than makes up for the slight hp difference and torque a bit. also her's is older so the engine isn't as clean so it might not run as smooth as mine. i'm looking forward to the match. thanks for the feedback everyone!

·
Registered
587 Posts
now you mentioned her engine is old, I hope yours is not spanking new. redlining a new engine runs the risk of improper break in which might --> engine problems later on. Some people say it's a myth, well better be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no worries. the car is definately past the break in period. i've had it for about 6 months now and i was very gentle with it when it was still getting broken in. but it def is now. thanks for the concern, my engine is new, just on brand spanking new... it has experience.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i definately will. I'm at college out of state right now so we are gonna do it the week i come home for thanksgiving.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay so the race went down tonight. My 07 lx coupe a/t v. her 2001 gs a/t. The win was an effortless feat on the side of my civic. my civic wooped the eclipses butt easy. even using the sport shifter in her car, her car couldn't keep up even with both of us squeeling tires from the start. just thought u might all like to know the outcome. her loss was admirable and filled with praise for honda engineering. k . bye!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts