8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still up in the air on the Eclipse so I've been looking around. Most of that is because I want XM, not Sirius. Today I looked at the Alpine units and what caught my eye was that you get 2 in 1. A portable nav unit that slides into the Alpine deck so when I go out of town and have to rent a car I could pull the portable out of the deck and take it with me, sounds trick but don't know anything about their sound quality, navi quality or anything else. Here is the one I was looking at.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W205

It does support XM and has the 24 bit DAC and will give me a portable, all in all very trick. If you give me the green light on this then I'm going Alpine all the way around except for the Sub.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Get it. Best part is it controls the h701 processor if you ever want to go with an full-control active setup or 5.1 setup.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PDX-B200 isn't out yet and we need to see how the reviews are....the B200 is the mobile navigation that you insert into this head unit. The older one, B100, well the reviews were not favorable that I read. At least I'm trying to do research and find the right product.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Go for it Tommy. I love Alpine. I ran the IVA200 in my STi and absolutely loved it. Out of the box, it has pretty weak EQ functionality - if an at all. I bought the PXA701 and that reaaaally opened up the audio capabilities - 31 bands for front/rear processing and had, I think, around 10 for the subwoofer. Great accessory.

You really can't go wrong with the iPod interface that they offer as well. They have the smoothest and fastest iPod integration of any like-product on the market. The user functionality and menu access is among the best, in my opinion. Great picture quality and I really love the tactile feedback when you touch the screen. I haven't heard any reviews on the B200 but the B100 was absolutely horrid. Like you said, it does have the dedicated dock control for the Blackbird (B200) navigation unit - it happens to be a really good product as well from what I've played with (vendor trainings with Alpine).

Good luck homey. Keep me updated.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
TommyD said:
The PDX-B200 isn't out yet and we need to see how the reviews are....the B200 is the mobile navigation that you insert into this head unit. The older one, B100, well the reviews were not favorable that I read. At least I'm trying to do research and find the right product.
I'm fully aware of all of that. ;)

In all actuality, the b100 had a new software update that shipped on the later b100's. Those who bought earlier b100 received the update for free. If you look at the new(er) reviews of the b100 you'll see that they are much better compared to reviews when the b100 was still "new".

·
Registered
706 Posts
1stk20z3 said:
i want a red backlit dvd screen
Then change the color of the background. I wated red as well to match the rest of th elighting in my Si so I went into the display setting and changed the background to red and the text boxes to black. When I get some time I'm going to look for or make a custom Si background.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quality_sound said:
Then change the color of the background. I wated red as well to match the rest of th elighting in my Si so I went into the display setting and changed the background to red and the text boxes to black. When I get some time I'm going to look for or make a custom Si background.
You did this with the OEM nav unit or something aftermarket?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts