8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see how many people actually carry around their factory lugs after they put on after market wheels. Main reason I ask, is a fellow forum member came in for a snow change and didn't have his o.e. lugs. Main reason i ask, is because your spare wheel and tire needs the O.E. lugs because of the seat of the wheel and the ball seat lug nuts vs. acorn lugs that are on every after market wheel pretty much.

Now, i just keep all my O.E. lugs bagged up and with my spare, anyone do anything else? Or same thing?:waiting:

Reactions: Gonzo

·
Premium Member
45,045 Posts
I just wanted to see how many people actually carry around their factory lugs after they put on after market wheels. Main reason I ask, is a fellow forum member came in for a snow change and didn't have his o.e. lugs. Main reason i ask, is because your spare wheel and tire needs the O.E. lugs because of the seat of the wheel and the ball seat lug nuts vs. acorn lugs that are on every after market wheel pretty much.

Now, i just keep all my O.E. lugs bagged up and with my spare, anyone do anything else? Or same thing?:waiting:
I have 5 OEM lugs with my spare. weeeee.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
You could proably go to any mom and pop lube or mechanic shop and get 5 lugs for cheap. One place gave me 5 of them for 2.37$..which was all the change i had on me. :laughing:

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
You could proably go to any mom and pop lube or mechanic shop and get 5 lugs for cheap. One place gave me 5 of them for 2.37$..which was all the change i had on me. :laughing:

better watch out when you stuck your spare tire they might come off all sudden :xyxnervou

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
<---Takes a moment to grab 5 of his factory lugs from his room and puts them in his trunk.

Good call.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why carry a spare?
cause your an every day joe who does daily driving in his civic, and also looks like they have a kid. Who knows what is in the roads. I myself would rather carry lug nuts and a spare than pay either AAA member ship fees or for a tow trunk, unless i blow two tires, i'll find a fellow forum member to let me use their spare as well. Either way i have 20 lugs, so who knows what could happen. Friends are limitless.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Don't know if it is true. Maybe someone can chime in. I've been told by several people and shops fix a flat can mess up rims. That and they are hard to cleanup after the tire is removed.
It can mess up rims...the problem is after you put it in the tire, if you don't drive the car for a 1/2 hour, the substance will settle at the bottom and throw the balance off.

It is hard to clean up as well, but thats not my prob, thats why I pay to have my tires changed...

Dont get me wrong, if I'm going far, I bring a spare, but everyday no I don't bring it with me...

·
Registered
970 Posts
And a gentle reminder for Si owners.
If you get a flat on the front, you have to change TWO tires:

Owner's Manual said:
Do not use a compact spare tire mounted on a front wheel; it will damage the limited slip differential....

The size difference may also cause damage to the differential, so do not mount the compact spare on the front. If either front tire goes flat, remove the rear tire on that same side, mount the compact spare tire on the rear, then mount the rear tire on the front.
-mr. bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.