8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up 5zigen fno1r-c in bronze as you can see. I need to order some lugs, locking of course, in the range of muteki, or gorilla. Not "balla" but not cheap either. I am thinkin i want to go with red, because the wheels will be going on nhbp coupe, and i am trying to get a little red black thing goin (jdm red front and back badges, paint brake calipers red w/ black Si decals, smoked reverse lights). The idea of red sounds good when i picture it, I am just afraid i will get them on and think they look stupid. So with that in mind any suggestions on what would look best between red, black, or crome? Also open faced, or closed? I will end up going with what i like best, but i just what some outside input.:thumb:

pics of wheels \/

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I'd say black

when I got my WORK's (bronze) as well, I had the red lugs.. and at the last minute I changed to Black.. which I'm glad I did.
most, if not all red lugs are not true red, it almost has a pink tinge to it.. and looks like a light pink from far away.
black would look perfect for bronze wheels on NHBP, regardless of your red/black theme.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Alright this is a dumb question but, how do I unlock my locked lugnuts? I took my car in for an oil change today and they came back out and asked me if I had a tool to unlock my wheels and I was like " ummmmm...... " :think:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Alright this is a dumb question but, how do I unlock my locked lugnuts? I took my car in for an oil change today and they came back out and asked me if I had a tool to unlock my wheels and I was like " ummmmm...... " :think:
Did your dealer install the wheel locks? If so, they probably left the "key" in either the glovebox or crammed into the toolkit on top of the spare. My "key" is in the wheel lock packaging along with my original lug nuts in the glove box.

Picture for reference: http://www.accessories-honda.com/store/images/wheellocksb.jpg You're looking for the socket in the foreground of that picture.

All wheel locks by a manufacturer use the same "key", so if you can't find yours you can go to a Honda dealership and have them remove your locks. It's not advisable to drive a car with wheel locks but no key. If you were to get a flat, you wouldn't be able to change to your spare.

Why did they need to take your wheels off for an oil change? Were they going to rotate your tires?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts