8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking for some opinions on which exhaust will perform better and sound better. All three would be 2.5 inch, but the Vibrant I would have to extend(sedan). The Turbo Mafia exhaust I am thinking of would be one resonator, 2.5 inch, with a flat black oval Magnaflow muffler.

I really like the sound of the LSD and the Vibrant, but have no idea what the T mafia would sound like. I think it would be a little louder than the Magnaflow catback, since it is only 2.25 inch. I am looking for something with good gains, and not too loud.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Are you talking about getting the jsport one or the other one from lsd? They have two different ones. Why would you have to extend the pipe? Couldn't you call and ask them to use the piping from the 4dr exhaust and put the jsport muffler on it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have the vibrant exhaust. It sounds great especially when it hits :vtec: . my mid-range is alot better now. My friend has the 70mm skunk2 if you want to throw that in there with one of your choices. it also sounds really good.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Turbo Mafia FTW! The other systems you can't be custom designed. Turbo Mafia allows pipe diameter choice-2.25, 2.50, 3.0, over or under the lower control arm pipe design and 22 different mufflers plus the option of 2 resonators, one resonator or none at all. Show me another company with these options. Plus, the price is right.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
The Thing is with Turbo Mafia you have to be patient because going custom exhaust is good but you gotta give it time.
Unlike many on this board people forget the fact that they have to weld a lot of pieces together.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Turbo Mafia FTW! The other systems you can't be custom designed. Turbo Mafia allows pipe diameter choice-2.25, 2.50, 3.0, over or under the lower control arm pipe design and 22 different mufflers plus the option of 2 resonators, one resonator or none at all. Show me another company with these options. Plus, the price is right.
Also, no dyno numbers or sound clips for their options.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Excalibur said:
Also, no dyno numbers or sound clips for their options.
That's coming. When I get mine, I'll post video and sound clips. Since there are all the different parameters-pipe diameter, muffler design, over/under lca, resonator options, how is it possible to test all of them? Each system will have its own unique sound and I would imagine, differences in torque and horsepower.

·
Registered
70 Posts
one word of advice in regards to the LSD exhaust, call them before you order!!!it's been three weeks, and i'm still waiting on my cat-back!!apparently they were out of stock and were on back order, for like three weeks! it should be arriving on wed.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was saying I would need to have the Vibrant extended. The LSD is the correct length. I like the sound of the LSD and they are in stock. 589 is a lot though, but that is about what the cost of the Turbo Mafia setup would be.

Excalibur said:
Are you talking about getting the jsport one or the other one from lsd? They have two different ones. Why would you have to extend the pipe? Couldn't you call and ask them to use the piping from the 4dr exhaust and put the jsport muffler on it?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
and the price is like whoa

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. How do you think the Turbo Mafia would should with 2.5 inch, with 1 resonator, and Magnaflow oval?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
sonej4 said:
I was saying I would need to have the Vibrant extended. The LSD is the correct length. I like the sound of the LSD and they are in stock. 589 is a lot though, but that is about what the cost of the Turbo Mafia setup would be.

I can do a Vibrant Street Power that we have on display for $460 Shipped. Comes brand new, it was just hung on the wall.

It will need to be extended 3.5" to fit the 4 door. Which realistically is a $30-40 fix.

Let me know if you want some up close pictures.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Vibrant Race Header wtih Cat and Vibrant Street Power Exhaust. Thats actually is on our 4 door Si... 213whp.. P2R Spacers, Gaskets, Injen Intake and those pieces you see there.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I just sold my Vibrant. I had it on a sedan and never had it extended. The clamp that is included more than makes up for the difference in length and I never had any exhaust leaks. I sold it to buy the Turbo-Mafia exhaust though which ended up at $530 after shipping.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
sctuned.com said:
Vibrant Race Header wtih Cat and Vibrant Street Power Exhaust. Thats actually is on our 4 door Si... 213whp.. P2R Spacers, Gaskets, Injen Intake and those pieces you see there.
Good info, thanks. I'll keep you guys in mind once I can order my header then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts