8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from 4 runs with my buddys 6 speed 2010 camaro ss.
He has intake and exhaust. He actually dynoed his car two weeks ago
and it made 402whp and 397 wheel torque. We went from 65-130mph.
I let him have his race cuz if some of you may not know that LS3 is a
monster on the top end. When I used to race him rolling in first gear on motor
I had him covered by 1/2 a car then after 80mph he would totally destroy
me. He would pull and keep pulling to the point that it was embarassing.
At the dragstrip he gives the car to me and on his bald original tires I ran
a 13.3 at 110mph with a 2.2 60ft. I know it seems like I'm rambling about
his car but I just want to let you guys get an idea of how fast the car is.
Anyway, we started at 60-65 all four times, bottle pressure at 1050 and probably dropped each run cuz it was cold. We went on 3 honks. I would
spin a little to the left, hook and then fourth comes fast, hit 4th gear and
start to pull, not hard, but steadily walk on him. Then I throw fifth and he throws fourth and I put another car on him. We did thhis 4 times and the
results were 21/2 -3 cars everytime. These runs were all on the zex 75 shot.
Thats about 60whp but that makes a world of a difference. If I had my drag
radials on and he had better tires and we went off a 1st gear roll, I would
of put about 6 cars on him. His girlfriend was in the car and I'm gonna try and
get the video from her cuz she was taping the whole thing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
the story could be true. I used to run a 75 and 100 at 1200 psi. making around 310 w i/h/e. it would be a close race.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Unless the civic is built internally, a 75 shot of nitrous isn't going to get you much of anything, let's assume bolt ons, with bolt ons you are looking at like 190whp maybe 200. A 75 shot like he said, would be around 60whp. So 260whp only on bottle giving a 400whp car a good run? Sounds made up somewhere honestly, not trying to talk **** but unless your mods consist of more, it's hard to believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I read this thread hoping to get to the part where a Camaro was destroyed, like destroyed engine or something.. way to take your clothes off and not **** me...

such a let down.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Well these are my 2 cents.

The power to weight ratio of a 260whp Civic isn't that far from a 400whp Camaro SS with two people on it.

Add driver skills to the mix and the history can be real.

·
Registered
920 Posts
And you're looking at like 200tq on spray compared to 400tq, that's a huge difference even with power to weight. I race my friends cobra that made 470whp before he upgraded the blower and I make 430whp and I definitely don't put a car length on him, maybe a bumper if that. Thing is, spray isn't constant its not something you should be using purely for power, it's a power booster, he won't be spraying right away I don't think so he's playing catch up from the beginning

·
Registered
161 Posts
Unless the civic is built internally, a 75 shot of nitrous isn't going to get you much of anything, let's assume bolt ons, with bolt ons you are looking at like 190whp maybe 200. A 75 shot like he said, would be around 60whp. So 260whp only on bottle giving a 400whp car a good run? Sounds made up somewhere honestly, not trying to talk **** but unless your mods consist of more, it's hard to believe.

Not sure what bolt ons your talking about, but the 8th gen will put out more then 190-200 with bolt ons lol. Just i/e/h will put you over 200.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts