8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I fix my hesitation problem with my SRI? At low RPMS it seems to hesitate and take off slowly. It sounds like its drowning out the engine with too much air.

Anyone have the same problem?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Yup, that's heatsoak for you. I've definitely felt it when the temperatures are in the area of 30 celsius which is about ~86 F. We generally get cooler temperatures up here in Canada and that's why I don't mind having an SRI. I bought the thing to amplify that VTEC sound with no intentions of any "gains." It's about 15 degrees celsius (58 F) in the morning when I go to work and the intake is really loud (you can hear that hissing sound really easily) and it's overall a lot more responsive and "functional" than it is in blazing heat.

·
Registered
655 Posts
There are a couple of things you can do. You can add a ram air system to get cooler outside air in to the SRI. You can paint the SRI with high temp paint in a reflective color. In addition, they make heat wraps to keep them cool. They should help some. I did the first two and it made a pretty good difference.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
MInes stay really cool after the spacers, throttle body bypass, and thermal wrap on the intake (only where the radiator hose touches the intake). Heatsoak? Thing of the past.

·
Registered
655 Posts
FijiPhil said:
buy a cold air. Thats a good fix.
It's a good idea, but considering the massive puddles I have had to drive through in the last two days I am glad I have the SRI. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts