8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my 06' EX civic revs like mad, I really do want some more low end power.

Can someone reccomend to me a catback exhaust system that would help me out in my quest for torque while not sounding like my car is aobut to blow up when I hit 6k rpm..

On a side note, I looked into some headers and cant seem to find anything that is available for the 06' civic.. Anyone know of any aftermarket headers that even exist for this car?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
MaxxxRacer said:
While my 06' EX civic revs like mad, I really do want some more low end power.

Can someone reccomend to me a catback exhaust system that would help me out in my quest for torque while not sounding like my car is aobut to blow up when I hit 6k rpm..

On a side note, I looked into some headers and cant seem to find anything that is available for the 06' civic.. Anyone know of any aftermarket headers that even exist for this car?

Remus makes good exhausts that make pretty good power without a super high noise level. Stromung too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
better off waiting all the good ones have to be tested and checked, in a few months there will be plenty exhausts, intakes, and header systems out

·
Registered
27 Posts
erm... to my knowledge.. a good way to improve on low end torque (im assuming hp too) is a longer 4 -1 header... for low end torque its better than a 4-2-1... also it will be a good way to get more ponies and ull get the same exaust... (pardon my english)

·
Registered
436 Posts
the manifold is one piece on the r18. u can only do downpipe to an exhaust. should make good power. im doing the apexi ws2. quiet...not ricey gives more mid/high power. u want more lowend. ull have to stroke the motor to say 2liters. outher than that go with more mid range power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wait a sec.. the headers and manifold are once piece on the R18.. I was looking at it a few days ago but didnt notice that.. I will have to check again.

For now i will stay away from boring or stroking the motor...

btw there is no WS2 out yet for the 06' civic.. On apexi's website it says 01+ but in reality it is 01-05.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any low end gain is doubtful from any exhaust... any gain under 3krpm will be minimal esp if you remove the cat...

h0nd4_r1c3r_X
erm... to my knowledge.. a good way to improve on low end torque (im assuming hp too) is a longer 4 -1 header... for low end torque its better than a 4-2-1... also it will be a good way to get more ponies and ull get the same exaust... (pardon my english)

4-1 header is better topend and a 4-2-1 is better mid range... close but backwards... ;)

Peace

·
Registered
436 Posts
right. thats why u can only do a down pipe sh0ould make good gainsid think. we'll just have towait

·
Registered
84 Posts
to my knowledge, u cant gain TQ w/o boring out the engine, the intake/exhaust wont do anything but take away TQ and add HP. If they make some underdrive pullies that might get u some tq but not much... swap the Si engine for more Tq hahah....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol.. B20 for R18.. would be an interesting swap seeing as my EX is an auto.

Maybe I could rig some sort of tranny from the Accord (which has the B24 i believe) LMAO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts