8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the car last july and now that the weather is getting cold my 3rd gear is starting to pop out when I shift. the car is at 45k miles and the previous owner never got the 3rd gear pop out tsb done in its warranty. So my question is how much would it cost (as a estimate) to bring the car and get the fix done if or would it be free and fall under a recall.

·
Registered
150 Posts
sorry but no way you can get a free recall on that car.. is just too old regardless of the low milage. I tried to take it in due to a 2nd gear grind when I had 86k km o the odo back in 2016. The only thing I got was a tranny oil change at my expense... Now that was my experience..
The cheaper option I can recommend is to change your tranny oil wit oem. If that does not help, you can try synchromesh from gm or amsoil tranny fluid. Personally, I only use OEM.

Now if you want to open the tranny and fix it. I am guessing 2 to 3k total. that's how much is on Canada. Below is a sample of a new tranny from which is around 1.8k
Honda Civic 8th Gen SI K-Series Manual Transmission OEM K20Z (geardriveninc.com)

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry but no way you can get a free recall on that car.. is just too old regardless of the low milage. I tried to take it in due to a 2nd gear grind when I had 86k km o the odo back in 2016. The only thing I got was a tranny oil change at my expense... Now that was my experience..
The cheaper option I can recommend is to change your tranny oil wit oem. If that does not help, you can try synchromesh from gm or amsoil tranny fluid. Personally, I only use OEM.

Now if you want to open the tranny and fix it. I am guessing 2 to 3k total. that's how much is on Canada. Below is a sample of a new tranny from which is around 1.8k
Honda Civic 8th Gen SI K-Series Manual Transmission OEM K20Z (geardriveninc.com)

good luck
Okay thanks for the heads up, I think I'm going to start with replacing the tranny fluid, then if that doesn't fix i'll bring it to a good tranny shop i know of and get the newer transmission from 08-11 which had the issue fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts