8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - Honda Civic Type R vs S2000

We saw this video at work today....a friend at work likes to brag about his S2000... says that the civic is a great car...but can never be in the same league as an S2000... proven wrong in this video...:box::box::box:

btw... his S2000 it yellow and my sedan is white...

go Tsuchiya!!!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I'm getting really close to perfecting that heel toe downshift.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
lol! not at the cars, but at the camera car.

passenger: "hey u u... you okay? no no, im talking about your driving."
driver "well, i am sort of a race car driver too!"

LOL!:rotfl:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Pretty cool video

I never thought about it, but in right hand drive cars are the gears reversed compared to left hand drive? (Is first gear on the top right side, closest to the driver?)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
How much HP does the CTR have?

It looks like its pretty much a driver's race, but the s2k driver made a mistake, and in the straights the CTR was faster.

I wonder how it would have gone with an s2k CR

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
How much HP does the CTR have?

It looks like its pretty much a driver's race, but the s2k driver made a mistake, and in the straights the CTR was faster.

I wonder how it would have gone with an s2k CR
CTR has 240 I think or that could be the Mugen RR, the CTR might have 220. In any fact it's no secret the new CTR can outhandle the S2000 and weighs less with similar power. I was also wondering out the S2000 CR would do.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Nice vid!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
CTR has 240 I think or that could be the Mugen RR, the CTR might have 220. In any fact it's no secret the new CTR can outhandle the S2000 and weighs less with similar power. I was also wondering out the S2000 CR would do.
I think 220 is right for the CTR, which makes it strange that it was so much faster in the straight. Mostly aero (racing with the top down?) and drivetrain loss I guess.

Both cars are pretty similar in handling and power, so its seems more like a driver's race than anything, unless its raining. Then CTR defiantly wins.

Gotta say though, for a car with no top and almost decade old engine and chassis the s2k still hangs in there.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
I think 220 is right for the CTR, which makes it strange that it was so much faster in the straight. Mostly aero (racing with the top down?) and drivetrain loss I guess.

Both cars are pretty similar in handling and power, so its seems more like a driver's race than anything, unless its raining. Then CTR defiantly wins.

Gotta say though, for a car with no top and almost decade old engine and chassis the s2k still hangs in there.
The only reason the S2000 was quicker off the line is because of it's RWD drivetrain. You can see a couple of parts where both of the cars are in gear that the CTR is pulling up on the S2000. Eh, it's less aerodynamic when the top is down. The CTR definitely handles better, without question.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Are you guys kidding me, the S2k will kill the CTR on any major track like Suzuka or Fuji. And its not like the S2k was demolished if there was a more professional race the s2k would have gained on the Civic.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I think the cars are pretty even, with a good hard top and wing I think the s2000 could have put down almost the exact same times as the CTR.

That said, its defiantly beginning to show its age. Its still a great car, but its almost a decade old, where as the CTR's design is maybe 2 or 3 years old.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
some things to remember:
1)the FWD drivetrain of the civics seem to be very efficient, and FWD is already more efficient than RWD. this will make the power difference of 225 vs. 242 much less.
2) the S2000 should have been racing with a hardtop, for aerodynamic purposes, this is why the Civic pulls ahead at higher speeds.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
The only reason the S2000 was quicker off the line is because of it's RWD drivetrain. You can see a couple of parts where both of the cars are in gear that the CTR is pulling up on the S2000. Eh, it's less aerodynamic when the top is down. The CTR definitely handles better, without question.
i think it was faster off the line because its the F22C which is more torquey. also the drag caused by being a convertible wasnt in full effect yet.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts