8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup that time of the year boys and girls. Lil buggers out in full force. Our cars are takin it big time bugs splattering on the grill and bumper.

Got a lot of wax on my ride seems to help alot but still a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey guys, I know that people tend to wax their cars during this season. But either way, this bugs stick and cause a mess. I was wondering if this idea would work. What if you apply wax but don't wax? What I mean is, just apply the wax and keep it on the front bumber but don't buff it out. Would that help?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Your best course of action is...

1. Apply 3 or 4 layers of wax onto your hood and front bumper, and rain-x on your headlamps if you're really anal. You'll still need to wash the bug guts off ASAP, this just makes it much easier with no need to scrub. or...

2. Invest in one of those tacky old-man-Buick nets that cover the front end :-(

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Most of the waxes that are on the market do the same job, but yea dome are better than the rest some last about a week and some last about a month..... For the bugs I would go with nu-finish

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys, I know that people tend to wax their cars during this season. But either way, this bugs stick and cause a mess. I was wondering if this idea would work. What if you apply wax but don't wax? What I mean is, just apply the wax and keep it on the front bumber but don't buff it out. Would that help?
no the wax will eat at the paint and ruin your sh!t... f.y.i
^ yeah that....i used to work as a professional detailer.....if u leave wax on the paint for too long it will damage ur paint and get hard as hell....waxing ur car doesnt really help that much if u still leave the bugs on ur bumper for too long....i always wash my car every week and use wax as u dry while drying it....i also buff/polish my car once every 3 months

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.