8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets see what people have to say. What is the loudest exhaust for the r18 lets see some pictures, videos, etc. In my opinion I have never heard any cat-back exhausts in person on the r18. On my r18 I just have a SI axle-back exhaust but I want louder I want people to turn there heads. And also has any one bought a SI exhaust (example skunk2 70mm) and got it to fit there r18 or has any body got a universal muffler and custom 70mm or 60mm piping.
what ever you have lets see it
:vtec:

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
greddy does not make loud exhaust the greddy se is not loud,the evo2 is not loud,and the tic is a little louder then then those 2..

the loudest exhaust for the r18 will be the skunk2 70mm..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Which greddy is louder than which skunk2? I've always known skunk2 to be louder. When I have my R18 I had the skunk2 60mm and it was decently loud, but not loud enough for me. I have the skunk2 mega power on my Si now and have the skunk2 header on its way.

Try other mods to make exhaust louder, like intake, i think there are some headers available for the R18 from weapon R.

·
Registered
242 Posts
greddy does not make loud exhaust the greddy se is not loud,the evo2 is not loud,and the tic is a little louder then then those 2..

the loudest exhaust for the r18 will be the skunk2 70mm..
I am with you on this one. I doubt the greddy is louder.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I don't see how that's possible esp because its not a 70mm exhaust with little to no baffling..

For the SI it comes with a silencer and i still wouldn't consider it that loud maybe for the r18 it might seem louder but i will stand by what Ive experienced..

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
no war here Ive already seen and done it all i know whats what i don't need to even continue here..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Alright, here comes the knockout punch.

Quoted from ProCivic
Skunk2
"60mm piping is standard and each system comes complete with a removable silencer and all necessary hardware. Each MegaPower exhaust also sports a 110mm diameter polished tip with an acid etched MegaPower badge and a serialized nameplate.

MegaPower R exhausts take it a step further and increase piping diameter to 70mm for even more power. For some applications, Skunk2 also offers a 76mm (3") diameter MegaPower RR version, which is designed for very high output naturally aspirated or forced induction vehicles."

TiC
"Notes: The piping diameter for all the Civic applications is 60mm, and the exhaust note will not be louder than 94db when not using the silencer (with the silencer, the exhaust is much quieter)."

So they are both 60MM for the r18. HOWEVER, as proven with the pic from that other thread, the skunk2 has a resonator, and the TiC does NOT.

:dance:

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
lol my exhaust has a resonator as well and so does the 60mm there is no knock out punch nothing is louder then the skunk2 series period..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
lol my exhaust has a resonator as well and so does the 60mm there is no knock out punch nothing is louder then the skunk2 series period..
:facepalm: the TiC does not have a resonator. the skunk2 megapower does. they are both 60MM for the r18. just please, you are WRONG. just accept it.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I stand by my word i will never accept a greddy exhaust to be louder then the skunk2 goodbye friend..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts