8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought a set of Skunk2 lowering springs. I put them on and ever since then I would hear a clank/thud type noise at slow speeds when going over bumps. This noise seems to be coming from both front right and front left suspension. I also hear a kind of popping noise when I turn my steering wheel. Please help. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last week I bought a set of Skunk2 lowering springs. I put them on and ever since then I would hear a clank/thud type noise at slow speeds when going over bumps. This noise seems to be coming from both front right and front left suspension. I also hear a kind of popping noise when I turn my steering wheel. Please help. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I forgot to mention that I have a 2008 Si Sedan (FA5)
Stock shocks
Skunk2 lowering springs

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the same everything, car, struts, springs, and noise...

Someone please help... It sounds like something is wrong but nothing looks out of place!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i also have a similar problem. i have eibach sportlines on my coupe and now when i reverse and back into my parking spot i get a pop. i dont go hard over bumps so haven't noticed any noise over bumps

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mech...5702-clunking-popping-clicking-noise-tsb.html

a simple search is so hard.

This is the steering rack or front suspension. There are TSB's for both.
i have neuspeed race springs on stock struts,,,

its not the tsb's mr simple search, i went to honda and they said its just the stock struts not cooperating with my springs and its not a huge issue. i just crank the radio and forget about it, i know it sux and its loud, but i have heard no way to truly fix it?? unless you want coilovers.

the way i see it is i put springs on struts that where not designed for them and therefore im gunna get some noise :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im having the same problem im dropped on BC Racing full coilovers... and im getting the same noise... It kinda sounds like something loose or a bad end links i still had the noise when the car was stock but now i feel like it got worst after the drop. So I double checked everything making sure everything was tight... The noise is actually coming from the rack if you grab and put the car on a lift and have someone shake the tire while you hold the outer tierods you can feel the clunking noise... My car is still under warranty i just have to find a dealer that would accept the car with the coilovers if not i guess i would have to put everything back to stock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts