8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup:

DCRH + aftermarket resonator + factory resonator + magnaflow axle-back muffler (2.5" in, dual 3.5" out).

AND IT IS STILL DRONEY!!

I am turning 30 (lol) and I don't want a droned-out Civic. I also lost a LOT of power adding that custom aftermarket resontor. It restricted a lot of flow in my opinion, thus I want it out. What can I do for quietness?

Should I ditch the magnaflow? It is a straight through design, and I think its too loud, but I like the dual outlets.

Darryl

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
From what I have heard the Greddy SP2 sounds great with a race header. Never heard one in person, but I know the RSX guys love it. But you will loose the dual tip :sadwavy:

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
simple solution sell the whole exhuast and dont get magnaflow, get skunk2 or greddy or vibrant or comptech. I swear to god magnaflow = FARTCAN for me, friend have it on his accord god dam what a fart can sound

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
simple solution sell the whole exhuast and dont get magnaflow, get skunk2 or greddy or vibrant or comptech. I swear to god magnaflow = FARTCAN for me, friend have it on his accord god dam what a fart can sound
Thing is, it doesn't sound like a fart can.

Here is the video of my latest in-car sound:
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/poofyfinger/07 Civic Si/?action=view&current=TaffyDCRH-1.flv

Sound quality is poor, but you get the hint.

between 3-4k rpms is the drone, and that is where I cruise at on the highway. Becomes very annoying on long trips.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That sounds bad ass! But I can understand where it would get annoying. If the Turbo Mafia exhausts turn out nice, I think they have a dual tip muffler...just a thought.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
skunk2 :) jk
u could try a diff exhaust like the apexi WS thats quiet, or maybe a catback like the lsd, cuz its a 2.5 also..
i love drone and popping so the skunk2 is just my think, but thats my .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts